Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] FOR INSTALLING 10.7.4 i3,i5,i7 USERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got up, everything is fine, but how to get battery indicator to display the correct level of charge?
consistently shows 100%
Sorry, for my bad English.

any help on what to tick in multibeast to restore sound (ALC888B) in a H55M-S2 after 10.7.4 upgrade

i can't get it to work :/

tks

Has anyone updated to the latest BIOS on 4530s, I've noticed that when running windows if my computer sleeps, it won't wake up, and I guess the fix is the latest BIOS firmware, but the highest I can see available for the Hackintosh side (HP Probook Installer) is the F.20???

cybercap said:
any help on what to tick in multibeast to restore sound (ALC888B) in a H55M-S2 after 10.7.4 upgrade

tks

If your using a Probook, just use the HP Probook Installer, don't bother with Multibeast, as the HP Probook Install 4 has all the kexts needed to run your Probook, and the audio is included in the base 10.7.4 selection in the Installer options. I was having a serious issue with this for about a week, then just ran the HP Probook Installer 4, and nothing else, and then like magic was able to select internal speakers in the sound system preferences. The Multibeast Installer is more generic, and not specific to the Probook. The only problem with the Probook installer that I found was that maybe there could be more explanation on what the base install option actually installs, as it just states everything to get your Probook running, but for me, I kept installing audio from Multibeast just after installing from the HP Probook Installer, and it kept breaking my audio.

Bottom line just use the HP Probook Installer.

fiddymac said:
cybercap said:

tks

If your using a Probook, just use the HP Probook Installer, don't bother with Multibeast, as the HP Probook Install 4 has all the kexts needed to run your Probook, and the audio is included in the base 10.7.4 selection in the Installer options. I was having a serious issue with this for about a week, then just ran the HP Probook Installer 4, and nothing else, and then like magic was able to select internal speakers in the sound system preferences. The Multibeast Installer is more generic, and not specific to the Probook. The only problem with the Probook installer that I found was that maybe there could be more explanation on what the base install option actually installs, as it just states everything to get your Probook running, but for me, I kept installing audio from Multibeast just after installing from the HP Probook Installer, and it kept breaking my audio.

Bottom line just use the HP Probook Installer.

Thanks but i'm not using a Probook.
It's the H55M-S2 gigabyte board in a standard case, ram et intel i5 760

tegezee said:
UPDATE:
THIS GUIDE IS VERY SUCCESSFUL IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!

I think I'm going to finally bail out on the 10.7.4 update. This is my 5th time through it, and everytime I get the KP screen at boot. panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f818e5136): P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 35 on CPU2. In the kernel Extensions debug backtrace, there is some mention of IOACPIFamily, and I believe the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (but I can't read it as it's under the restart box).

It doesn't seem to matter what boot options I try, I can never get past this point. I've triec npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -x, -F, -f, DSDT=null, DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes.

This is my first time updating and not using the HP Probook Installer. I had my fingers crossed.

I wanted to post this up, not to complain, but just to let you guys know that there are some probook configurations that are not working. By the way, 10.7.3 works great. I was trying to update to see if XCode works on 10.7.4 I can't get it to work, someone suggested because iTunes needed updated (that's way off topic though).

Great work guys. Thanks so much for all your hard work.

senica said:
tegezee said:
UPDATE:
THIS GUIDE IS VERY SUCCESSFUL IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!

I think I'm going to finally bail out on the 10.7.4 update. This is my 5th time through it, and everytime I get the KP screen at boot. panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f818e5136): P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 35 on CPU2. In the kernel Extensions debug backtrace, there is some mention of IOACPIFamily, and I believe the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (but I can't read it as it's under the restart box).

It doesn't seem to matter what boot options I try, I can never get past this point. I've triec npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -x, -F, -f, DSDT=null, DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes.

This is my first time updating and not using the HP Probook Installer. I had my fingers crossed.

I wanted to post this up, not to complain, but just to let you guys know that there are some probook configurations that are not working. By the way, 10.7.3 works great. I was trying to update to see if XCode works on 10.7.4 I can't get it to work, someone suggested because iTunes needed updated (that's way off topic though).

Great work guys. Thanks so much for all your hard work.
Are you sure you are installing the correct SSDT for your CPU i5-2450m?
I'm just wondering why it is trying to run your CPU at 3.5Ghz, when it has a max turbo of 3.1Ghz?? At least that's how I read that "step 35 on CPU2"
Are you using the v4 ProBook Installer?

RehabMan said:
I'm just wondering why it is trying to run your CPU at 3.5Ghz, when it has a max turbo of 3.1Ghz?? At least that's how I read that "step 35 on CPU2"

As far as I know. I'm just selecting the i5 SSDT from MultiBeast 4.6.1. I don't believe I'm overclocking, unless the computer was shipped like that. I'm restoring now, so I can't check the BIOS. The system info from the restore area shows that the processor speed is 2.49 Ghz Intel Core i5. Not sure if that answers your question. Where would I look? Thanks for the reply.

senica said:
RehabMan said:

As far as I know. I'm just selecting the i5 SSDT from MultiBeast 4.6.1. I don't believe I'm overclocking, unless the computer was shipped like that. I'm restoring now, so I can't check the BIOS. The system info from the restore area shows that the processor speed is 2.49 Ghz Intel Core i5. Not sure if that answers your question. Where would I look? Thanks for the reply.
You want to download the ProBook Installer v4, and select the exact SSDT for your CPU from the installer. Your processor runs at 2.5Ghz normally, but can turbo to 3.1Ghz... but cannot run at 3.5Ghz. That's where the kp is coming from -- you likely installed an SSDT for a chip that can run up to 3.5Ghz and your chip can't do that.

In general, you want to stay away from Multibeast as far as the ProBook laptop is concerned. Use the ProBook Installer instead (v4 if you are doing Lion 10.7.4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back