Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Stork I would like to thank you for all your help. I am first time teenage hackintosh builder and I built the December 2014 customac mini exactly with the intel i3 4360. At first I did not have sleep functionality and my system was glitchy at times but with the addition of the broadcom and adapter combination, my sleep wake finally works! Thanks again.

Hello Stork I would like to thank you for all your help. I am first time teenage hackintosh builder and I built the December 2014 customac mini exactly with the intel i3 4360. At first I did not have sleep functionality and my system was glitchy at times but with the addition of the broadcom and adapter combination, my sleep wake finally works! Thanks again.
Welcome to the forum! :thumbup: I'm glad to hear of your success.

Is your audio working after waking up from sleep? If not, I use a simple application, which I put on my desktop, to run after wake-up called LoadHDA by shilohh. There are more sophisticated fixes but this is just easier to use until Apple fixes AppleHDA.

References:
- http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/151504-no-audio-after-sleep-wake-realtek-alc-applehda-fixes.html
- http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/152...c892-yosemite-clover-help-fix.html#post953668 <--- a little more complicated.

Hi Stork ! I asked you a question in another thread, but your last answer there is a bit old and I should have probably asked it in this topic instead, cause it seems more on purpose !

So here I go :

I'm a little lost with various questions around the forum, but seems that you can answer one (some ? :)) of those ! :). I have a z97x-ud5h with crucial ballistix supported by the board (according to crucial website). My BIOS is F8 (last one). My CPU is i5 4690 non K, like you. After choosing profil1, memory, in the bios, is listed 1333mhz in the first row (in deep blue opposed to light blue when I can change a setting), then 1600mhz in the second row, greyed out. My memory is officially 1600Mhz.

But this seems to OC my non K CPU, because the CPU is 3,5Ghz but listed as 3692.xx (where xx is a changing number) in the CPU frequency, and 3,69Ghz in "about this Mac". I don't think that's good, so I have to ask if you know what can cause that and how to solve it ? Thanks !

I have BIOS screenshots in case I'm not clear enough. Hopefully this CPU problem would be the sollution to my other problems (big sleep problem, little alias wrongly displaying problem).

Thanks a lot, your explanations are always so educationals and clear ! (seen a lot of your post digging the forum for this first build :)).

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm building a Hackintosh for a friend, builded following some infos I found on the internet about the components (it's not my first one, I think ...the 7th-8th :p). It's a GA-Z97N-WiFi Mobo with F5 BIOS, an Intel i5-4440 CPU, 8GB of RAM and no external Graphics Card.

I tried to install Mavericks (10.9.0, 10.9.1, 10.9.4) and Yosemite always without success. On Mavericks I can only run it with -v -x flags, but when I try to "install" the Kext for Intel HD4600 and after rebooting the screen doesn't work properly (I think it's a wrong FB issue).

With Yosemite 10.10 ...I can install it and boot with ONLY with -x -v flag and even if the system is loaded correctly I can't get more than 3MB VRAM (The mouse pointer is sloooow, no transparent bar, Graphics glithes...) . All BIOS settings are right, I followed ALL steps many many times but I can't figure out what's wrong.... :(

Any help appreciated....

Greetings from Italy

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup: I'm glad to hear of your success.

Is your audio working after waking up from sleep? If not, I use a simple application, which I put on my desktop, to run after wake-up called LoadHDA by shilohh. There are more sophisticated fixes but this is just easier to use until Apple fixes AppleHDA.

References:
- http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/151504-no-audio-after-sleep-wake-realtek-alc-applehda-fixes.html
- http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/152...c892-yosemite-clover-help-fix.html#post953668 <--- a little more complicated.

Hey Stork, my audio worked after sleep but everything I played would stutter here and there. Through the use of loadhda by shiloh, it fixed the stuttering of my music. Thanks again!

Hi Stork,

I'd like to do a clean install with my Asus GTX750TI, which steps of your guide should be altered?
If this is an initial installation, remove your 750 Ti card, and install using the my Guide for HD4600 graphics. Get it running successfully, then hop on over to my post here for upgrading to using your 750 Ti.

References:
- http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...byte-750-ti-2gb-graphics-card.html#post932410
- If you have Yosemite installed and need to update to 10.10.2, see this post for the procedure.

Hi Stork,
thank you for the Guide - that helps me allot to get my first build
started! After getting around the boot0 Problem it runs until now
for 3 Days perfect! Thanks again!
I think about to build this exact one again. But this time with the
your "update 2"-hint, the replacement of the wifi/bt card. To this
point i have one question: between the motherboard and my cpu
cooler (thermalright macho) - there is 4.8cm Space. What high
does the new card need? Mabye I have to order for the next build
another cooler.

Thanks again for the super guide! :clap:

...i have one question: between the motherboard and my cpu
cooler (thermalright macho) - there is 4.8cm Space. What high
does the new card need? Mabye I have to order for the next build
another cooler...
I am using the standard Intel processor heat sink/cooler that came with the processor. Thus, I don't have any clearance problems. The iMac and miniPCIe adapter card does stick up enough that 3rd party coolers can interfere with the iMac WiFi/BT card (and even the Gigabyte standard WiFi/BT card). However, if the cooler you're looking at doesn't interfere or extend over the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card, then the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card should work. I'll measure the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card early next week as I'm vacationing at this time.

Hi everyone,

today sadly I get first problems with my build after this guide.
I work in cinema 4d. When I let the system render frame by frame animations with cinema 4d the system is stable for more than 3h without any issues. But when I try to work in the program cinema 4d, switching between program files, copy paste objects etc. then I get after a while a system freeze without warning. This was terrible.. you can not work with the system when you know it could freeze every second - and everything you working on got lost..

Has somebody an idea what the reason for this behavior could be? (or how I could fix it) :?:

Thanks for you help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back