Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork,

Thanks for the excellent guide! I just built a Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI with a i3 4370, 8 GB Corsair Vengeance, a Samsung 120 gb SSD and not a whole lot more (using the internal graphics). I followed your guide (and Tony's) meticulously and hey presto: it ran at the first try...It took me about 3 hours, including the build itself.:headbang:

I couldn't believe how easy it was. You guys are awsome!

Currently running Yosemite. Haven't had any kernel panics (yet), though some panic attacks on my side could not be avoided, being new at building PC's and seeing a Bios for the first time (and updating it to f8). Being a Mac user since 1986, Bios settings, command lines and

So the next thing is installing the WIFI-card (apple airport card), run some tests and actually building the thing into it's final enclosure, a Blueberry iMac G3. But more about that later....

Thanks,

Jaap
Great to hear! Congratulations! ...and welcome to the Forum. :thumbup:

Waiting installing method ElCapitan on H97N-WIFI... (usb3) :D

Hi,

I've build an Hackintosh, with a Z97N-WIFI (as advised in the July build guide), and Yosemite was running perfectly.

I am trying to upgrade to El Capitan, as described in this forum.

But I'm getting the following panic at boot:

"panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80003263a6): ~zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed~@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2199"

I googled, but I can't seem to find a clear cause...

Can anyone help? :(

I'll publish a guide for El Cappy soon. I've been traveling and haven't had a chance to update yet. I have tested the tonymacx86 beta UniBeast, et al, but I want to use the released El Cappy and tonymacx86 UniBeast and Post Install pkg.

I have updated my Thunderball (Z77X-UD5H TH) system. The procedures I used might give you some insight on what to do. See this post for the procedure, especially the 2nd paragraph. :thumbup:

No, you must use the DVI and/or the HDMI connector. Apple's OS X has not natively supported VGA connections for many years. If your monitor only has a VGA connector, then you must use a DVI or HDMI to VGA adapter.

Hi Stork,

I've prepared and installed the custoMini mac solution and it works fine with a borrowed DVI monitor, while instead doesn't go further the Chimera option at the start with my (old but still in perfect conditions) VGA monitor.

I have a GA H97N mb and of course the only way to connect a VGA monitor is with an adapter, which in my case is a DVI-I to VGA. Still it's not working.

Do you have any idea why? Is it that I need a DVI-D to VGA converter instead (which is pricey), as suggested on this forum: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/1xpxa2/does_a_vga_cable_work_with_mavericks/
or I do really need to buy a newer monitor?

It seems some other users on this forum managed to make work a VGA monitor on a custoMac with Mavericks installed. Is there any work around this or I'm mistaken?

Thank you very much for your help and congratulations for this brilliant and very helpful website!

It's either an "active" adapter or a new monitor. If I had to make the decision, I'd invest in a new monitor.

Stork, i waiting you for perfect guide elcapitan h97n-wifi :D

Do you have any idea why? Is it that I need a DVI-D to VGA converter instead (which is pricey)

Yep. But is no longer so expensive :thumbup:

I have HAMA HDMI to VGA converter. For 14$

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Adapter-Converter-Laptop-NoteBook/dp/B007PLL4CK

Works great with Z97N and El Capitan and my Samsung VGA monitor

samsung.png

even recognizes him in settings... :headbang:

Stork, i waiting you for perfect guide elcapitan h97n-wifi :D
Same here. Yosemite guide worked perfectly for me, thanks for the great work!
Would be awesome to have similar guide for El Capitan.

Hello! I just purchased parts for this system that will be here by Monday. I see that you have TRIM enabled on your ssd with Mavericks on it. I will be doing a fresh install on a 850 EVO for Yosemite and am wondering about the TRIM issues in doing so. Is it still recommended to use a 850 EVO for TRIM on Yosemite or should I go about finding a different brand ssd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back