Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solved not seeing all the memory. Stork, I found the problem. It was a bent pin in the CPU socket. For anyone running into the problem if you use a single edge razor blade very carefully under a magnifying glass, you can straighten out CPU socket pins. I wouldn't recommend doing this to anyone with a shaky hand or queazy about this type of hardware fix.
Wow! I'd never have come up with a bent CPU to fix this problem. Congratulations! :thumbup:

Hello, can anybody solved problem usb3 on El-Capitan GM? :D

Hello, can anybody solved problem usb3 on El-Capitan GM? :D
There are several threads in the El Capitan forum section where RehabMan provides his solution. It's my understanding that his solution will appear in the next public release of Clover.

There are several threads in the El Capitan forum section where RehabMan provides his solution. It's my understanding that his solution will appear in the next public release of Clover.

thanks for your attention Stork. But, i am too stupid to get it working with usb 3.0 perhaps someone can help? :D

Then, I either request a simple step-by-step procedure in that thread or wait until the next version of Clover is released. Unfortunately, it's still at v3259. If you want to use the latest Clover Beta, you'll have to download and use CloverGrowerPro. However, as someone new to Clover, I don't recommend compiling the latest beta because it may or not work and can change daily.

Hi Guys

I seem to be experiencing the odd freeze on my system, I've narrowed it down to whenever I plug in a USB flash drive. Normally happens a few minutes after it has been plugged in. Anyone any ideas about this?

Im running 10.10.3

I'm presuming components are fine as i'm dual booting with win 10 and all is good over there..

Cheers.

Dear all, I just bulit my 1st hackintosh. +/- after Storks Entry Level, however I have every now and then problems to boot/reboot/shut down (see pics). Most of the times boot is possible w/o cache
Can you help me please?

Bios setup is the following: defaults +
M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1
BIOS Features > VT-d > Disable <(ok? - CPU = i5 4670K)
Peripherals > Initial Display Output > Enable <
Peripherals > Intel Processor Graphics > Enable <
Peripherals > XHCI Mode > Auto <
Peripherals > EHCI Hand-off > Enable
Powermanagement >wake on LAN > disable<

Thx in advance - gecko2401

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 107
Remove the GeneralGenericUSBXHCI.kext as it not needed for 9-series motherboards which is why I didn't use it in my guide, post #1.

In the Terminal, do the following:
Code:
cd /
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
Now reboot.

Dear Stork, thank you very much for answering!
Unfortunately this didn`t solve the problem. I checked, the kext has been removed properly, but reboot/boot doesn`t work properly. I end up w/ either black or white screen and my cursor - unable to do anything. After some reboots with ignore cache, I can boot successful, however the USB mouse won`t work until plugged in/out.
Any idea what I might try? Thx - gecko2401

gecko2401,

No, I can't determine what's causing your problem. The only thing I can recommend is that do a fresh install. I also recommend you print out my guide and check off each step using the "handy" check boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back