Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much learning experience! Finally installed AW CE123H Mini PCIx card from Amazon. Thought it would work out of box but it did not. Patched DSDTs and few of the available kexts and now I have WiFi and Bluetooth working and stable. Last challenge for me is HDMI sound. Trying to avoid clutter on the table by removing currently needed speakers. Hopefully I will find some help on this forum.

Hey Jpjax,

How did you get the AW CE123H card up and running? I am using the same Z97N-wifi board, and also thought swapping in the AW card would simply work out of the box. As you point out, this is not the case. Now I'm into learning about DSDTs and Kexts and other stuff I've never heard of. This is particularly interesting this this mobo doesn't use a DSDT I'm told!

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. All the searching I've done brings up results that either tell me to extract my DSDT (but there isn't one!) or assume I know what I'm doing (which I clearly don't).

Thanks very much for the assistance! (Neither wifi nor bluetooth are working at this point. Hard to know if the card's even alive or not o_O)

Rob.

...This is particularly interesting this this mobo doesn't use a DSDT I'm told!

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. All the searching I've done brings up results that either tell me to extract my DSDT (but there isn't one!) or assume I know what I'm doing (which I clearly don't).

Thanks very much for the assistance! (Neither wifi nor bluetooth are working at this point. Hard to know if the card's even alive or not o_O)
Gigabyte systems haven't needed a DSDT since Ivy Bridge 7-series chipset motherboards. Some people use a DSDT to invoke some unusual component(s), but you can find out more about them in the Forum's DSDT section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/.

As for the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card, I stated in my build description:
Stork said:
I have since replaced the Gigabyte H97N-WIFI motherboards WiFi/BT card with an Apple iMac Wifi/BT 4 card and a miniPCIe adapter which interfaces correctly with the Gigabyte H97N's motherboard WiFi/BT miniPCIe card slot. Both were purchased from Amazon as described in tonymacx86's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...apple-mini-cards-pcie-mini-pcie-adapters.html. I'm now transmitting 1300Mbps with the iMac Wifi/BT 4 card and adapter card when connected to my AC1750 wireless router. See Post #37 for more detailed information. My Bluetooth keyboard and Mighty Mouse will allow me to enter the BIOS, and I can use either the arrow keys or the mouse to move through the BIOS screens.
The iMac WiFi/BT card has the unforeseen benefit of having the build act like a real iMac with respect to having my Apple BT keyboard, trackpad and Magic Mouse working just like I was operating a real iMac. :thumbup:

See the links to my build description in my signature block.

Gigabyte systems haven't needed a DSDT since Ivy Bridge 7-series chipset motherboards. Some people use a DSDT to invoke some unusual component(s), but you can find out more about them in the Forum's DSDT section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/.

Hey Stork. Yeah, that's kinda my problem.... I think I have to use a DSDT to enable this Azurewave AW-CE123H card, but I don't think I have a starting point since my build doesn't have a DSDT as you point out.

As for the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card, I stated in my build description:The iMac WiFi/BT card has the unforeseen benefit of having the build act like a real iMac with respect to having my Apple BT keyboard, trackpad and Magic Mouse working just like I was operating a real iMac. :thumbup:

See the links to my build description in my signature block.

I know all about your build description... I followed it to a "T" :thumbup: when I got this machine going, but of course the BT doesn't work. I had seen a lot of people point to using this AW card for both WIFI and BT (even AC now on 5GHz I understand), so I picked one up on Amazon.

Unfortunately this is my 1st hackintosh, so I'm not up to speed on DSDTs and the like. I just saw that jpjax got both WIFI and BT up and running with this card on this mobo, so I thought he might be able to point me in the right direction.

I'll keep looking into it!

First, make sure your memory is seated firmly into the memory slots. Then, try booting with your UniBeast thumb drive to see if the freezing continues.

If the freeze again occurs, you may have a bad or corrupted driver/kext, bad memory stick or failing PSU. To test the memory, you'll need to download memtest86 and run it for 24 hours (or at least 12 hours); more information on memtest86 is here. If memtest86 fails, then one or both of your sticks is/are bad. Remove one and retest. If, while running memtest86, your system freezes, then the PSU is probably at fault, and you'll have to take your computer system (case) to a computer repair shop to have them test the components. Bummer, I know.

If you don't experience a freeze booting with your USB drive, and if the above components are OK, then the Yosemite installation has been corrupted with one or more bad kexts/drivers. (At this point, I recommend you download the latest UniBeast and MultiBeast and place them on your existing UniBeast thumb drive in their zip format.) Now, rather than doing a fresh install, I'd first download and run the 10.10.4 Combo Update; then, run a full MultiBeast for Yosemite (latest version is v7.4). If that doesn't work, then download the full Install OS X Yosemite app from the App Store, create a new UniBeast thumb drive with UniBeast (latest version is v5.2) and do a compete installation on top of the of old installation. This last method will keep your apps intact.

Well, that's all I can think of to tell to do. It's enough. Good luck!

P.S. Clover is not the solution here.

Thanks, Stork! I'll go to work and let you know what I find out.

Hi Stork,
Im wondering if you can share an IOReg copy of your system. Im working on the same board.
Thanks

Hello, I just recently installed OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 via Unibeast and Multibeast. I have most things working except my Intel HD 4600 on my i5 4460 running on the GA-Z97N-WIFI

Whenever I use Yosemite recognized with only 5MB of VRAM…:(

/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0d220003</string>
<key>IGPDeviceID</key>
<string>0412</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Code:
<string>Yes</string>

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string> 

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0d220003</string>
<key>IGPDeviceID</key>
<string>0412</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>

<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>

<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Wow! Your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist screwed up! How did you get these values?! Never mind... Those are just plain weird for the H/Z97N build using HD4600.

Here's my /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file which is just what you need for HD4600:
Code:
	<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>

<string>Yes</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <string>Yes</string>

You can keep the Graphics Mode setting if you desire, but I don't think it's needed as Chimera and OS X sense your monitor settings better now than in earlier versions.

Wow! Your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist screwed up! How did you get these values?! Never mind... Those are just plain weird for the H/Z97N build using HD4600.

Here's my /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file which is just what you need for HD4600:
Code:
    <string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>

<string>Yes</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <string>Yes</string>

You can keep the Graphics Mode setting if you desire, but I don't think it's needed as Chimera and OS X sense your monitor settings better now than in earlier versions.

i reinstalled Yosemite now.Unibeast and Multibeast(minimal options from 1st post) clean + yours Boot.plist

nothing more...

3MB ... is not that simple. i spent over 100 hours now, to figure this, i think that this is my 30 (re)install now...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
But...:mrgreen: 3MB is over DVI - and 1536MB over HDMI on other monitor.:headbang:

is any chance to work through DVI? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back