Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for not answering your question correctly. You need to go to the Energy Saver pane in the System Preferences. Run the Computer Sleep slider all the way to the right to the Never position.

Thank Stork, I tried that and it works great with Plex but my monitor/display goes to sleep after 15min and when i try to wake them up, the display comes up and goes black again. At that point the only option i have is to reset the computer..

btw my displays are connected via HDMI.

I apologize for not answering your question correctly. You need to go to the Energy Saver pane in the System Preferences. Run the Computer Sleep slider all the way to the right to the Never position.
Thank Stork, I tried that and it works great with Plex but my monitor/display goes to sleep after 15min and when i try to wake them up, the display comes up and goes black again. At that point the only option i have is to reset the computer..

btw my displays are connected via HDMI.
Ah, then do the same for the monitor slider which is the second slider in the Energy Saver pane.

I plugged in a GTX670 and am having a hard time booting.

i understands that the GTX670 is supported natively thus I didn't install any kext. Just plugged it in and disabled my IGP in the BIOS hoping itd just work.

for now I can only boot with safe mode.

PS: I have not installed the nvidia web drivers. Must I?

I forget to mention I'm stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport at boot

Boot to the Desktop using the -x (safe mode). Then use MultiBeast to set the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "IGPEnabler=No". Reboot and you should be good.

Good modding,
neil

Boot to the Desktop using the -x (safe mode). Then use MultiBeast to set the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "IGPEnabler=No". Reboot and you should be good.

Good modding,
neil

By setting GraphicsEnabler=Yes i get no display on the HDMI. I only can HDMI output to my monitor.

EDIT: Everywhere says GTX 670 works OOB, assuming by default GraphicsEnabler=No. What other boot options do I need to get it going? Previously was installed using the onboard HD 4600, and added in this GTX 670 hoping it'd work OOB.

It's been about a month and my machine is running great. I have successfully updated to 10.10.3 using Stork's recommendations. Initially i was getting system frezes which I remediated by following the install document as well reseting all the hardware. One issue remains at large since i keep my machine powered on all the time.

Whenever my system is coming out of the sleep mode after a long time (5+ hrs), in the first 10 to 15 min of the usage the system frezes and i have to hard reset the machine. I have tried the energy saver setting slider from 15min to never for both "computer sleep" and "display sleep" and no change in behaviour.

After hard-reset the system runs very stable until i touch it the next day..

Please HELP !!!

i will buy ga z97n and i7 4770 wifi for hackintosh you think it good or not ?

it work 99% - 100% ? yes or no ?

i just buy BCM94360CD yes or no ?

you can recommend vga for premiere pro cc and final cut prox and davinci res and after effect

i have choice GT740 / GT750 / GTX750

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I'm not good at English.

Thank very much

i will buy ga z97n and i7 4770 wifi for hackintosh you think it good or not ?

it work 99% - 100% ? yes or no ?

i just buy BCM94360CD yes or no ?

you can recommend vga for premiere pro cc and final cut prox and davinci res and after effect

i have choice GT740 / GT750 / GTX750

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I'm not good at English.

Thank very much
My H97N-WiFi and components work very well to my satisfaction. If you are not going to overclock (and it looks like you won't because you are going to use a non "K" or unlocked processor), then I would recommend the H97N motherboard to use with the i7-4770. You might want to relook using a i7 unless you are going to run applications that are better suited to the i7's specifications. I chose the i5-4690 because it would do everything I wanted, and the i5 processor is better for gaming. YMMV.

If you want to use wireless, you need the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card. If you don't need WiFi, then you don't need the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card.

Since I don't use the applications listed, I can not recommend a graphics card since I don't know what they require from a graphics card. However, the nVidia GTX 750 Ti (the card I have) and the GTX 960 have received good reviews by various users. But, you need to do your own research so that you can be satisfied with your decision. I'd recommend searching the tonymacx86 Forum sections for users using the applications that you listed.

Good Luck!

My H97N-WiFi and components work very well to my satisfaction. If you are not going to overclock (and it looks like you won't because you are going to use a non "K" or unlocked processor), then I would recommend the H97N motherboard to use with the i7-4770. You might want to relook using a i7 unless you are going to run applications that are better suited to the i7's specifications. I chose the i5-4690 because it would do everything I wanted, and the i5 processor is better for gaming. YMMV.

If you want to use wireless, you need the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card. If you don't need WiFi, then you don't need the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card.

Since I don't use the applications listed, I can not recommend a graphics card since I don't know what they require from a graphics card. However, the nVidia GTX 750 Ti (the card I have) and the GTX 960 have received good reviews by various users. But, you need to do your own research so that you can be satisfied with your decision. I'd recommend searching the tonymacx86 Forum sections for users using the applications that you listed.

Good Luck!

Thank you very much

Hello,

My build is Z97N-WIFI w HD4600 and i7-4770K.
Everything seems to work except the bluetooth and the WIFI.
I'm thinking to buy the
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GMPZ0A/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20
and GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter.
But I notice that the MOBO does not have the PCI x1. Anyone knows if I can put the x1 to the x16 slot?
Also, does anyone have any experience with this setup?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back