Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork, all good, parts are in and or on order. The adapter board will be a couple weeks as you know, any concern over putting the rest together and getting it up and running without the wifi card installed, and dropping the card in once it arrives?

Good. :thumbup:

See my post.

katil69 said:
Power Supply: Corsair CX600M
Your Corsair CX600M power supply is not rated Haswell "ready" or "certified." See the tonymax86 Buyer's Guide, Power Supplies, for three examples of Haswell "ready" or "certified" power supplies.

Stork, all good, parts are in and or on order. The adapter board will be a couple weeks as you know, any concern over putting the rest together and getting it up and running without the wifi card installed, and dropping the card in once it arrives?
It's always good to install using Ethernet first (long story) so go for it! :thumbup:

Your Corsair CX600M power supply is not rated Haswell "ready" or "certified." See the tonymax86 Buyer's Guide, Power Supplies, for three examples of Haswell "ready" or "certified" power supplies.

Update.. I was able to pick up and install CS550M earlier today from local micro center. After i updated the power supply the System froze twice. Once while browsing and other time while opening a finder window. When this happens, mouse just chokes and everything is unresponsive.

How can i debug this? Is there anything i can enable to know what could be causing this?

Update.. I was able to pick up and install CS550M earlier today from local micro center. After i updated the power supply the System froze twice. Once while browsing and other time while opening a finder window. When this happens, mouse just chokes and everything is unresponsive.

How can i debug this? Is there anything i can enable to know what could be causing this?
The Haswell Freezes are typically caused non compatible memory and/or PSU. You Tactical memory should be compatible, but check the memory's part/model number with both the motherboard's Memory Support List and Crucial motherboard support list.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the BIOS. 9-series motherboards shouldn't use the Generic USB 3.0 driver. You may have to set the C/P States in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file to "No."

Finally, go back to the original post in this thread and review all the BIOS and MultiBeast settings. Unfortunately, this about the extent of my knowlege of possible causes of the Haswel Freeze.

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Stork, thanks again, typing this post on 'Frank' as the Frankentosh is up and running.

Over-all everything was pretty straight forward, I had the boot0 error as I am using the 1T Hybrid that was in the iMac, found the script in the troubleshooting area, and here I am.

Haven't had time to put it through the paces so to speak, but so far so good.

Thank you again for all of the help.

Scott

The Haswell Freezes are typically caused non compatible memory and/or PSU. You Tactical memory should be compatible, but check the memory's part/model number with both the motherboard's Memory Support List and Crucial motherboard support list.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the BIOS. 9-series motherboards shouldn't use the Generic USB 3.0 driver. You may have to set the C/P States in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file to "No."

Finally, go back to the original post in this thread and review all the BIOS and MultiBeast settings. Unfortunately, this about the extent of my knowlege of possible causes of the Haswel Freeze.

Thanks Stork

After checking everything and reseting memory and PSU connectors, no more freezing for 48 hrs. Thank you for all your help

Is there any way to disable NIC from going to sleep? I run PLEX on my machine and if the machine just goes to sleep i have to wake up machine before i can browse PLEX server off my ROKU. I have "Wake for Ethernet network access" selected but it does not work.. Also i connect to VPN and every time i machine goes to sleep it disconnects me from VPN. - BTW I am using latest Apple Drivers "AppleIntelE1000e.kext"

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Stork, thanks again, typing this post on 'Frank' as the Frankentosh is up and running...
Great! :thumbup: I'm pleased that Guide helped you install Yosemite successfully.

Thanks Stork

After checking everything and reseting memory and PSU connectors, no more freezing for 48 hrs. Thank you for all your help

Is there any way to disable NIC from going to sleep? I run PLEX on my machine and if the machine just goes to sleep i have to wake up machine before i can browse PLEX server off my ROKU. I have "Wake for Ethernet network access" selected but it does not work.. Also i connect to VPN and every time i machine goes to sleep it disconnects me from VPN. - BTW I am using latest Apple Drivers "AppleIntelE1000e.kext"
The BIOS has a Wake-on-LAN setting that we normally recommend people to turn off. However, (fingers crossed) you can try turning it on.

In the BIOS > Power Management > Wake on LAN > Enable

Anyone running latest OSx update 10.10.2? Also what about updated drivers/kext from the Multibeast 7.2?

Any issues to report?

After about 6 weeks of trial and error, this guide was the best one for my set up. I almost have a complete success here, it only freezes after restart but line out audio, HDMI video, USB 3.0, and casual gaming all work very well
OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
CPU: Core i3 4360 3.7Ghz
MoBo: ASUS H97i-Plus
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 4gb 1600mhz
GPU: EVGA GT740SC single slot 2gb DDR3
SSD: PNY Optima 240gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Case: ThermalTake Core V1

Anyone running latest OSx update 10.10.2? Also what about updated drivers/kext from the Multibeast 7.2?

Any issues to report?
I am, and my guide reflects the current information. Now, the MultiBeast Configuration screen snapshot maybe out of date with respect to the version numbers of the kexts (I'll update it to avoid confusion), but the actual steps selecting the MultiBeast choices remains the same.

Update: I forgot to mention the following which I've added to post #1.
Note: While the MultiBeast Configuration snapshot above may reflect earlier versions of some of the drivers/kexts, the .mb file will automatically be updated by MultiBeast to the current MultiBeast versions.

After about 6 weeks of trial and error, this guide was the best one for my set up. I almost have a complete success here, it only freezes after restart but line out audio, HDMI video, USB 3.0, and casual gaming all work very well
OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
CPU: Core i3 4360 3.7Ghz
MoBo: ASUS H97i-Plus
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 4gb 1600mhz
GPU: EVGA GT740SC single slot 2gb DDR3
SSD: PNY Optima 240gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Case: ThermalTake Core V1
Welcome to the Forum! I am pleased that my guide helped you with your configuration. Good luck and have fun with your hackintosh! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back