Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am, and my guide reflects the current information. Now, the MultiBeast Configuration screen snapshot maybe out of date with respect to the version numbers of the kexts (I'll update it to avoid confusion), but the actual steps selecting the MultiBeast choices remains the same.

Thanks Stork, as always you provide great guidance.

Hi Stork,

Just curious, how did you end up getting iMessage to work with unibeast?

I ended up buying the Broadcom BCM94360CD BCM4360CD adapter, both wifi and bluetooth work like a charm!

Looking forward to hear from you back
Thanks,

Hi Stork,

Just curious, how did you end up getting iMessage to work with unibeast?

I ended up buying the Broadcom BCM94360CD BCM4360CD adapter, both wifi and bluetooth work like a charm!

Looking forward to hear from you back
Thanks,
I used the FileNVRAM v1.1.4 .dynib and kext as described in JayMonkey's Guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html. All my systems use the UniBeast/MultiBeast/Chimera (not Clover) and iMessage & Facetime have been working since Mavericks. See JayMonkey's guide on how to do it.

Thanks Stork

After checking everything and reseting memory and PSU connectors, no more freezing for 48 hrs. Thank you for all your help

Is there any way to disable NIC from going to sleep? I run PLEX on my machine and if the machine just goes to sleep i have to wake up machine before i can browse PLEX server off my ROKU. I have "Wake for Ethernet network access" selected but it does not work.. Also i connect to VPN and every time i machine goes to sleep it disconnects me from VPN. - BTW I am using latest Apple Drivers "AppleIntelE1000e.kext"

Hi,
what do you mean by resetting memory? I have similar problems like you had. Did you enable or disable c-states? please help

...Is there any way to disable NIC from going to sleep? I run PLEX on my machine and if the machine just goes to sleep i have to wake up machine before i can browse PLEX server off my ROKU. I have "Wake for Ethernet network access" selected but it does not work.. Also i connect to VPN and every time i machine goes to sleep it disconnects me from VPN. - BTW I am using latest Apple Drivers "AppleIntelE1000e.kext"
I apologize for not answering your question correctly. You need to go to the Energy Saver pane in the System Preferences. Run the Computer Sleep slider all the way to the right to the Never position.

Is there an issue with audio not working after waking it up from sleep?
My audio is plugged in through Line Out to my 2.1 speakers.

Is there an issue with audio not working after waking it up from sleep?
My audio is plugged in through Line Out to my 2.1 speakers.
Audio does not work after sleep wake-up due to an Apple HDA problem. So, I use shilohh's LoadHDA app. I put it on the desktop and click on it after wake-up; it reloads the Apple HDA and audio returns. It's a lot easier than rebooting.:thumbup:

Thanks for calling this problem to my attention. I've now updated the guides and build description posts with this note.

Updated to 10.10.3 successfully. If you have Yosemite 10.10.2 installed, follow my procedure here to update to 10.10.3.

If you have a nVidia Maxwell graphics card (750, 750 Ti, 960, 970, 980 Titan), then see my 10.10.3 upgrade procedure post here.

Just a quick update, had a few lock ups with the kids playing flash games that seems like it was resolved by changing the system definition to 14.1

The adapter card came in yesterday so Frank is now WiFi, both WiFi and Bluetooth seem to be working fine.

So far so good. Once tax season is done will look at migrating more of the apps, movies, and videos over from the mini.

Stork, thank you again for all the input.

Scott

Hi,
what do you mean by resetting memory? I have similar problems like you had. Did you enable or disable c-states? please help

Sorry couldn't not reply to you earlier... I pretty much reset memory and enable CState and PState with option value "NO".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back