Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork,

I triple-checked BIOS settings, then did a clean install. And it was frustrating like hell. Works! Uh oh, freeze. Restart. Kernel panic, oh no! Restart. Hey, works! Shutdown works too! Restart. Kernel panic! AAAHHH. Restart. Works! Let's try restarting! Freeze at spinning wheel. Etc... Finally I restored from my 10.9 image.

Then today I decided to give Clover a try even though it's kinda scary in comparison with Beasts. I am typing this from a perfectly functioning 10.10.3 which starts up in less than 10 seconds, restarts and shuts down correctly.

I still have no clue what is the problem with Beast tools. But at least I can sigh in relief because I was worried I built myself a quite expensive system which will not be capable of running anything newer than 10.9. So even though I didn't follow your guidelines at the end I'm still happy, and, again, thanks for all the work you do for people here.

Hello,

after installing OS X 10.10 and MultiBeast Drivers, the system was an iMac and BT from the Card on the HZ97ZN worked fine! :D But after changing the system to an Mac Pro 3.1, for the Nvidia Drivers for my GTX 960, no working BT. OS X said, "no BT hardware installed". :confused: Is the "Mac Pro" setting the problem? I took a look in the Mac Pro specification from 2009 and saw no included BT card on the board. After the re-backup? the backup from my original iMac 2009 to this hackintosh machine, the BT works fine. o_O:crazy: But after a restart of the system, the BT gone away again... :banghead:.

I'am confuse... Have anyone an idea for this problem? Or I must buy a GMYLE BT 4 USB Dongle?

Thanks & greetings from Germany, and sorry for my bad English.

Hello,

after installing OS X 10.10 and MultiBeast Drivers, the system was an iMac and BT from the Card on the Z97N worked fine! :D But after changing the system to an Mac Pro 3.1, for the Nvidia Drivers for my GTX 960, no working BT. OS X said, "no BT hardware installed". :confused: Is the "Mac Pro" setting the problem? I took a look in the Mac Pro specification from 2009 and saw no included BT card on the board. After the re-backup? the backup from my original iMac 2009 to this hackintosh machine, the BT works fine. o_O:crazy: But after a restart of the system, the BT gone away again... :banghead:.

I'am confuse... Have anyone an idea for this problem? Or I must buy a GMYLE BT 4 USB Dongle?

Thanks & greetings from Germany, and sorry for my bad English.
You can change your System Definition back to the iMac 14,2 (don't use 15,1) after you install the nVidia drivers. Try that to see if your BT comes back. (I can't test it for you as I replaced the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card an iMac WiFi/BT4 card & adapter.)

Welcome to the tonymacx86 Forum!

Post OSX Reinstall Update:

Well, one whole day w/out a single freeze. I'd call that success! The new (recommended) RAM, the reinstall of OSX, and running of Unibeast according to this tutorial did the trick to my Yosemite-based CustoMac Mini Deluxe!

Thank you Stork for the assistance and patience!

Lesson learned: buy only and specifically the components recommended, if you can start from scratch.

>> Original post:

Update on the rig:

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2x8GB) Memory Kit (BLT2KIT8G3D1608DT1TX0) - Amazon installed.

System still freezes, but less.

Decided to redo BIOS, and reinstall OSX Yosemite, and run Unibeast (settings from Page 1).

I messed up though and didn't format the hard drive, so while the OSX install overwrote the system files, it's not a clean install. :confused:

Currently testing to see if that helped. 30 min of the kids playing Minecraft and playing iTunes Radio w/out a freeze. It's encouraging results so far.

Thanks again for the help.

I've replaced my initial set of ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport (BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00CEU) with these Crucial Balistix Tactical (BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0C)

My system doesn't freeze anymore!! The last problem I have to overcome is bluetooth activation after sleep. My apple mouse and keyboard won't be recognised after sleep, tips anyone?

I've replaced my initial set of ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport (BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00CEU) with these Crucial Balistix Tactical (BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0C)

My system doesn't freeze anymore!! The last problem I have to overcome is bluetooth activation after sleep. My apple mouse and keyboard won't be recognised after sleep, tips anyone?
Good news to hear (about no freezes)! :thumbup:

Are you still using the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card's BT? If not, what is your make/model BT USB adapter, and did you removed the Gigabyte card?

Good news to hear (about no freezes)! :thumbup:

Are you still using the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card's BT? If not, what is your make/model BT USB adapter, and did you removed the Gigabyte card?

Thnx :) For the moment I left the Gigabyte Wifi/BT in place but it's not working with Yosemite 10.10.3 for me.
I bought a Sitecom CN-542v2 bluetooth adapter, it's compatible out of the box. I have another wifi usb adapter which is fine for the moment.

@ Snobbel:

I'm a little bit confused:

At first, you installed "Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2x8GB) Memory Kit (BLT2KIT8G3D1608DT1TX0) - Amazon installed. System still freezes, but less."

Than you wrote: "I've replaced my initial set of ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport (BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00CEU) with these Crucial Balistix Tactical (BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0C)"

??? 1. Tactical, 2. Sport, 3. another Tactical version?

Thanks

@ Stork:

Put you my problem with the KPs in a new thread?

@ Snobbel:

I'm a little bit confused:

At first, you installed "Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2x8GB) Memory Kit (BLT2KIT8G3D1608DT1TX0) - Amazon installed. System still freezes, but less."

Than you wrote: "I've replaced my initial set of ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport (BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00CEU) with these Crucial Balistix Tactical (BLT2C8G3D1608ET3LX0C)"

??? 1. Tactical, 2. Sport, 3. another Tactical version

I replied to a earlier post from another user :)

What an amazing guide !! I have the same configuration and I guess it saved me several hours of researches !! I have a little issue nevertheless, I can't find the output hdmi for the sound :/ what should I do ? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back