Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally succeed here also... but it wasn't straigt forward...

I have selected this board from the buyers guide. If i would have known that it is that difficult to install Yosemite i would not have followed this guide. I have another Yosemiti Hackintosh running with a Z77 board and installation was absolutely easy compared to this...
Welcome to the Early Adopters Club! :thumbup:

Life will get a whole lot easier for us Early Adopters once Apple includes the Intel 9-series chipsets into a iMac.

One maybe interesting finding or warning. Do not change the video memory size after installation. I have changed it from 64M down to 32M because i thought it is a "waste" of memory because OSX is not using it.

But now my system froze after a while and needed power cycle for restart. This has happened a few times until i remembered that i have played in the BIOS. I changed the video memory back to 64M. Bingo, no freezes any more...

One maybe interesting finding or warning. Do not change the video memory size after installation. I have changed it from 64M down to 32M because i thought it is a "waste" of memory because OSX is not using it.

But now my system froze after a while and needed power cycle for restart. This has happened a few times until i remembered that i have played in the BIOS. I changed the video memory back to 64M. Bingo, no freezes any more...
Good catch. I'll ad this to my Haswel Freezes list of possible solutions.

Hey thanks for the great guide.

Just a a problem that I can't seem to remedy!

The bootloader gets 10 minutes in and then gives me this error "An error occurred while extracting files from the package "AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg". Quit the Installer to restart your computer and try again."

Please help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 102
Looks like your Yosemite installation file is corrupted. Download it again from Apple's Mac App Store, and redo your UniBeast USB thumb drive. Then, run the installation process again.

What are your system components? Please list your motherboard, processor, graphics card or on-board graphics method, memory and PSU - make & mode #. By doing this, you'll help us help you better.

Really good guide thanks for it :). But can anyone tell me how to get rid of this screen after the apple logo? i have researched a lot in the forum but no solution. in mavericks i hd the same issue, but adding a value to IGPlatform fixed it. i did the same to Yosemite, but the system gets very slow, so i am left with no solution, just wondering if any of you could help me, this is the only thing that is keeping my built away from perfect. thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    794.5 KB · Views: 122
Really good guide thanks for it :). But can anyone tell me how to get rid of this screen after the apple logo? i have researched a lot in the forum but no solution. in mavericks i hd the same issue, but adding a value to IGPlatform fixed it. i did the same to Yosemite, but the system gets very slow, so i am left with no solution, just wondering if any of you could help me, this is the only thing that is keeping my built away from perfect. thanks in advance
Best to post your problem in the Graphics forum section as I don't have any idea of what the problem's solution would be. > http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/

Looks like your Yosemite installation file is corrupted. Download it again from Apple's Mac App Store, and redo your UniBeast USB thumb drive. Then, run the installation process again.

What are your system components? Please list your motherboard, processor, graphics card or on-board graphics method, memory and PSU - make & mode #. By doing this, you'll help us help you better.

I have tried 3 times to get the installation to work and am still getting the same error :banghead:

here are my specs:

GA-Z97N-WIFI motherboard
intel core i7 4770 processor
WD 2 TB BlacK HD

I have tried 3 times to get the installation to work and am still getting the same error :banghead:

here are my specs:

GA-Z97N-WIFI motherboard
intel core i7 4770 processor
WD 2 TB BlacK HD
Please complete the list of your components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back