Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to hear everyone's success/failure with updating to Sierra on this build :)
Yeah, same here. I'm just getting the parts in for my build, and I didn't realize Sierra was going live today & I don't have a download of El Capitan.

Yeah anyone tried?

Hey guys

Anyone resolved the problem of the Sleep / wake up on this Hackintosh?

Just checking :)

I'm going to try this weekend, I'll post a trip report when I'm done.
I'll be trying this over the weekend as well. Already migrated my kexts from /Library/Extensions to EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and updated Clover... hopefully I won't need to revert to my carbon copy backup. Will post an update with my progress.

hi, I was only able to get to select the external 'installer' then it gave me a 'no go' sign immediately. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    1,015 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    887.9 KB · Views: 119
I am having the same issue as BR51. I just bought the motherboard, processor and all other recommend parts from the customac mini in the buyers guide today. I have attached the screen shot of my -v boot attempt. I have tried with cpus=1 and I have followed the guides here to a T. The text doesn't get corrupted until the No-Go sign comes up. I think it is the waiting for device error, but I can fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
I am having the same issue as BR51. I just bought the motherboard, processor and all other recommend parts from the customac mini in the buyers guide today. I have attached the screen shot of my -v boot attempt. I have tried with cpus=1 and I have followed the guides here to a T. The text doesn't get corrupted until the No-Go sign comes up. I think it is the waiting for device error, but I can fix it.

Your screenshot shows that you have stuck at "still waiting for root device".
Still waiting for root device while installing means that your USB installer cannot be found.
This is usually because you have a USB3 flash drive or you have the flash drive in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a(another) USB2 port and repeat until you have tried them all.
If it still doesn't work use a different flash drive.

See :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/big-list-of-solutions-for-el-capitan-install-problems.173991/

Please read and comply with the rules :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Resolved:
  • for the sound : I add kext-dev-mode=1, I thought it was required just for 10.0 not OS X 10.1
  • for Lightroom Licence : solved by contacting directly adobe who reset the SN. Advice : when upgrading a mackintosh, first uninstall adobe softwares because the SN might change.

I upgraded to masOS Sierra with procedure :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/

It "succeeded" my macintosh was running OS X 10.12 but without wifi, bluetooth card, Nvidia GPU acceleration...
So I tried to work on my config.plist with Clover Configurator and I certainly made a mistake and after my system refused to boot :crazy:

So I have reformated my disk, reinstall OS X 10.11 and use Time Machine to restore my data. Then I applied a full reinstallation process with multiBeast and clover configurator. Rescue is ok except :

Tow problems remain :
  • I have no sound anymore even if I reinstall ALC1150
  • My Lightroom adobe licence is not recognized anymore. Indeed, my hackintosh has a new serial number but, as I know my old SN Number, it is may be possible to reenter it for my configuration.

Any idea ?
Thank you

:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back