Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys can I follow this guide with this build? Any changes or incompatible parts?

Processor: Intel Core i7 6700
MOBO: GA-H170n-Wifi
Cpu Cooler: Noctua NH-L9I
Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1tb
PSU: SF600 Corasir
GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME
RAM: Crucial 32GB Ballistic Sport DDR4 2400 Mhz
Case: Silverstone RVZ02B
Bluetooth: Broadcom Card Dell dw1560

Thanks guys. Really appreciate any help. I have been researching but would love to hear from the experts/experienced hackintosh users on whether this will be a viable build for a novice just trying to get a decent mac.

Guys can I follow this guide with this build? Any changes or incompatible parts?

Thanks guys. Really appreciate any help. I have been researching but would love to hear from the experts/experienced hackintosh users on whether this will be a viable build for a novice just trying to get a decent mac.

advice before buying any pc hardware do a research if you want to build a hackintosh,everything looks ok except the PSU,sometimes if you dont chose the right PSU its give you some issues,try to build your hackintosh and if you issues just ask,good luck with your building.

edit: when you start building your hackintosh just only one stick of ram,after a sucess install of mac osx you can install the other sticks of ram.

advice before buying any pc hardware do a research if you want to build a hackintosh,everything looks ok except the PSU,sometimes if you dont chose the right PSU its give you some issues,try to build your hackintosh and if you issues just ask,good luck with your building.

edit: when you start building your hackintosh just only one stick of ram,after a sucess install of mac osx you can install the other sticks of ram.
what's wrong with the psu? I need to make sure the parts are all compatible so i won't have to return many or any of them. why do i only install one stick first? sorry for all the questions i'm new :)

what's wrong with the psu? I need to make sure the parts are all compatible so i won't have to return many or any of them. why do i only install one stick first? sorry for all the questions i'm new :)

like i said uncompatible PSU most of the time give issues,take a look in the tonymac buyer guide for the right PSU for your motherboard,if you install all the ram stick on your motherboard its can give you install issues.

Looks fine. The PSU is the latest SFX form factor PSU from Corsair. The Noctua will run CPUs up to 65W TDP which the i7 6700 TDP figure, so don't go overclocking and ensure good case airflow. :thumbup:
http://noctua.at/en/nh-l9i
http://ark.intel.com/products/88196/Intel-Core-i7-6700-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz

You should be fine installing with 2 RAM sticks, in the past some people have had an easier install with only a single stick of RAM installed - but this is rare.

from what i read psus are all good just needs to have enough power to run your components. O okie :) thanks for the tip :) so i should follow this guide and be fine? :)

Looks fine. The PSU is the latest SFX form factor PSU from Corsair. The Noctua will run CPUs up to 65W TDP which the i7 6700 TDP figure, so don't go overclocking and ensure good case airflow. :thumbup:
http://noctua.at/en/nh-l9i
http://ark.intel.com/products/88196/Intel-Core-i7-6700-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_00-GHz

You should be fine installing with 2 RAM sticks, in the past some people have had an easier install with only a single stick of RAM installed - but this is rare.
Thanks man :) so this guide should be what I need and it' all good? The MSI won't give me extra work?

There is plenty people & some of the mods using MSI GPU cards. There is no issue using any brand of GPU at present.
Thanks for all the help man :) will be ordering and building soon :) btw when i install osx which version of el capitan will be installed? I just downloaded the installer a week ago from the app store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back