Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping someone creates an updated guide for this build for Sierra.

MacPro3,1 isn't supported. So this guide doesn't work, at all. Need an update, OP, come on!

I use 3.1 and everything works (golden). No glitches, no panics, nothing. See my specs in signature

MacPro3,1 isn't supported. So this guide doesn't work, at all. Need an update, OP, come on!
Whatsssssss? 3.1 is working fine. This guide works 100%.

But, I've also heard that iMac 17,1 is the only one that is Skylake compatible. What can you tell me about this?

Read the guide!!!

Go to Customize then System Definitions:
  • If using an Nvidia card, select Mac Pro / Mac Pro 3,1. This will avoid needed to manually edit files after every system update.
  • If using integrated graphics, select iMac / iMac 17,1. At present, this is the only Apple model with a Skylake chip.

hey folks. Awesome guide!! I was able to install el capitan on my newly built hackintosh with this guide. Went through the post-installation process as well and now I am able to boot into my new mac with internal ssd.

I have one main question. I bought two drives (ssd + hdd) to create a fusion drive on my mac. Right now my OS is installed on the ssd drive - and I haven't installed any other applications or moved any files before I do the fusion drive.

What is the best way to convert my installation to a fusion drive?

3,1 isn't supported in SIERRA
this guide is for El Capitan not for Mac Sierra,Mac Sierra still in Beta why worry to install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back