Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I set default boot to windows (and wait 3s to change)
Thanks all!

i have a small issue if someone can help,
every thing working fine with me, when i play video on youtube the sound working but when i full screen the sound stop for few seconds and it come back with a delay, i'm using NVIDIA GT740, is this issue because of my GPU or something else?
Thanks in advance for help

Yes, I didnt choose any of the options for Graphics.

However I have another problem.
Im booting from the USB and Cloverfield appears, I choose Boot Mac OS X from installer.....then the Apple logo appears and when the progress bar reach the middle (30 seconds) ....screen disconects, the computer still ON but installation is over.

Could you help me here?

BTW, I had problems creating the Boot Usb, wHEN finished to create the boot drive and tried to Eject the USB, the Unit 'EFI' cant be ejected....and that happened with 2 USB sticks.....so with the second I just turned off the Mac and unplug the USB stick.....that could be a problem?

Im using the H170N motherboard from this tutorial.

Thanks for your help.

So I followed Snazzy's Lab build: http://snazzylabs.com/article/skylake-mac-mini-hackintosh/
But instead of an i5, mine is an i7.

I've put the parts together, but when I'm installing the OS, my screen gets stuck. The progress bar does not move, even after 7 hours. When I mean the progress does not move, it's been on "0%" the entire time.

I was wondering if there is a fix, or if maybe it's suppose to be very long. But from Snazzy's videos it sounds like it shouldn't be so long. So I thought I was not making my USB correctly, so I tried re-doing it. I still get the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: So I changed some of my BIOS and added nvda_drv=1, now it's working.

If your problem is like mine, try adding nvda_drv=1.

Or you can try thread #532's suggestion: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...kylake-h170n-wifi.178197/page-54#post-1270944

Thanks. I already figured out that and posted my solution. (eject 'installation' drive only, Log out session and then unplug USB stick).

However I'm struggling with the Power on/off, sleep.
Do you have any problems with those?
Nice, sorry I didn't see your solution post :p.

I'm also struggling with the Power on/off, sleep. I'm still looking for a fix, I found a fix that Powered it off, but I had problems when it sleep. Once it went to sleep, I would have to force shut it down and then restart, it was a fix I did not like.

Best of luck to you! If you do find a solution please post it! It'll be greatly appreciated. :)

Edit: Actually I uninstalled AppleIntelE1000e and AppleIGB. And installed IntelMausiEthernet instead. This helped me with my power on and off, sleep.

:D one less problem! Yay! Hope this helps anyone else.

Last edited:
I successfully got my build to work:

i7-6700T
16gb (still only recognized as 8gb)
GTX 950

Edit: Actually I uninstalled AppleIntelE1000e and AppleIGB. And installed IntelMausiEthernet instead. This helped me with my power on and off, sleep.

:D one less problem! Yay! Hope this helps anyone else.

Could you please explain where do you uninsstall those and where I can find that IntelMausiEthernet?

I'm new on this of Hackintosh

wow, I'm having the same trouble with my RAMS (Ballistix 8gbx2). El Capitan only recognize 8Gb instead of 16Gb.

I already tried to specify the Ram DDR4
it's neccesary to input serial number?

I successfully got my build to work:

i7-6700T
16gb (still only recognized as 8gb)
GTX 950

No you don't need the SN for RAM. You need to make sure you are using Slot 0 & Slot 2

See Post 625

Does a different brand of SSD matters? Or do you just have to stick to the Kingston or Samsung 850?

Or can it be a Samsung 750 EVO aswell?

I'm using a Samsung MZHPU256HCGL 256GB AHCI M.2

It worked straight out of the box nothing needed to be done except I turned TRIM on via command line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back