Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im all back sorted and 32Gb working :)

Only thing different is on the about page I was a 2008 Mac Pro but now I'm a iMac 5K 27" Late 2015

Do I not need to be Mac Pro for Nvidia? SMBIOS in Clover says I am a Mac Pro.

Hi, guys
I'm creating the USB to install the hackintosh (El Capitan)....Just 1 doubt

In the screen of Multibeast: Optional Graphics Configuration...which option should I mark?

I'm using the motherboard and CPU of this tutorial: H170N and a Core i5 6500 (Intel HD 530)

Thanks!
Region%2Bcapture%2B6.png

Hi, guys
I'm creating the USB to install the hackintosh (El Capitan)....Just 1 doubt

In the screen of Multibeast: Optional Graphics Configuration...which option should I mark?

I'm using the motherboard and CPU of this tutorial: H170N and a Core i5 6500 (Intel HD 530)

Thanks!
Region%2Bcapture%2B6.png
easy. you have intel 530. which is none of those.

First time in OS X the menu bar is good,
After install MultiBeast several times (I have windows 10 installed before install OS X, now dual boot is running good), face a problem.

Problem with text on the menu bar, but text on the right (date, time...) and text in sub menu is good.
I have tried to change to dark menu bar mode, but can't fix it.

Please help! (menu bar images in attachment)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.34.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.34.21 PM.png
    930.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.43.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.43.52 PM.png
    882.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.44.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.44.49 PM.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.45.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 2.45.18 PM.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I didnt choose any of the options for Graphics.

However I have another problem.
Im booting from the USB and Cloverfield appears, I choose Boot Mac OS X from installer.....then the Apple logo appears and when the progress bar reach the middle (30 seconds) ....screen disconects, the computer still ON but installation is over.

Could you help me here?

BTW, I had problems creating the Boot Usb, wHEN finished to create the boot drive and tried to Eject the USB, the Unit 'EFI' cant be ejected....and that happened with 2 USB sticks.....so with the second I just turned off the Mac and unplug the USB stick.....that could be a problem?

Im using the H170N motherboard from this tutorial.

Thanks for your help.

I'm using one HDMI cable one monitor. Holding the option key while you hit the Scaled button in the display preference will give you more resolution options.
Yep, I cleared the override I created & next time I rebooted I see the higher resolutions now. Not as clear as my old mackintosh with a Nvidia graphics card, but I do have the higher resolution now. Text looks fuzzy/not as crisp for some reason? I'll fix the sleep issue with my 530 & I should have a working mac mini.

Based upon everything I had to change, I'd bet this will quit working with a future OS X release, but par for the course I guess..

Ok FINALLY I could isntall El Capitan
The solution to EFI unit was only eject 'install' drive and then Log Out and unplug the USB stick.

I have another problem. I HAVE NO AUDIO

I used all the step by step guide but I can find any output and even the Volume keys dont make it work......even iTunes cant play a song....anybody knows why?

b7YQjrU.png

I just messed around with Clover and the config file....I re-tried since Step 11 and Audio is now fine! :D

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if the on board Bluetooth works or do i need a dongle? Thought I was good when I read this on the buying guide;

"Please note that the included Intel m.2 card includes both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but only the bluetooth features are available under OS X"

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the on board Bluetooth works or do i need a dongle? Thought I was good when I read this on the buying guide;

"Please note that the included Intel m.2 card includes both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but only the bluetooth features are available under OS X"

Thanks

the first few lines in the first post has it:
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back