Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
Maybe someone can help me. I recently built my mackintosh and installed El Capitan. I have read that wake does not work properly on Intel 530 Graphics. I am getting full acceleration for graphics. . It does not work for me. Also I am having the shutdown problem. It restarts after shutdown. I have tried Clover fixes like FixShutdown and also tried changing from iMac 17.1 to MacPro 3.1. Still have problems. Would having a discreet graphics card fix problems like wake/ shutdown? My current build is:

Intel i5-6500
Gigabyte Z170n- Gaming 5
G. Skil 32GB (2x16GB)
Samsung SM 951 NVMe 256GB (With Driver)

I did not follow any specific building guides. Just looked up certain El Capitan problems.

Any input would be appreciated. If a graphics card can fix my problems than I will install one. I have an Nvidia GTX 950 lying around.

One more thing. When I choose boot options in startup and I get Boot Options I get a bunch of Partitions now. Anyone know what that is about?

Does anybody else have what seems to be slow USB 3.0 transfers and mouse freezing/jumping whenever there is I/O activity such as programs loading or file transfers? Have you been able to fix it? I'm using a Logitech Performance MX and system as per my sig (El Capitan 10.11.5).

This is my last 'glitch' and a imprecise mouse is infuriating sometimes, so any input is welcomed.

Guys, I'm still having problems with bluetooth. As the post says, I bought the correct bluetooth card. So far so good, my internet is working perfectly, but my bluetooth doesn't work. Currently, I can turn on and turn off, which was impossible without the correct chip, but it can't detect any bluetooth device like my magic mouse.

Thanks for any help.

Guys, I'm still having problems with bluetooth. As the post says, I bought the correct bluetooth card. So far so good, my internet is working perfectly, but my bluetooth doesn't work. Currently, I can turn on and turn off, which was impossible without the correct chip, but it can't detect any bluetooth device like my magic mouse.

Thanks for any help.
Worked for me, but it took a long while to detect the magic mouse first time. I suggest perseverance. Oh, and checking your aerials are connected.

Has anyone got any idea how to config the clove to enable two monitors working on this build?

I have this problem when both are connected using HDMI, or one with HDMI the other with DVI.
When boot the system, the screens looks like this.... annoying...

Can anyone help? Thank you!!

I got it to work by booting to the login screen then plugging in second monitor. When you do that it works every time, but if you try to boot with 2 hdmi in i always have a problem on one of the monitors.

Hi guys i could use some help. Do your guys imessage work? I tried following the guide for imessage and still cannot get it to work. Also has anyone had success on dual booting. I am able to but from bios into windows or mac but from the clover screen when i try to but into windows it stays at a black screen. If I set the boot drive to windows then the pc only boots to windows. Also has anyone got hdmi audio working? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

build
i5 6600
samsung ssd 850 evo m2
ripjaw 4 series ram ddr4 - 2400 ( some reason showing up as 3200 in about my mac)
h170n
wifi card on list

Hello.
Maybe someone can help me. I recently built my mackintosh and installed El Capitan. I have read that wake does not work properly on Intel 530 Graphics. I am getting full acceleration for graphics. . It does not work for me. Also I am having the shutdown problem. It restarts after shutdown. I have tried Clover fixes like FixShutdown and also tried changing from iMac 17.1 to MacPro 3.1. Still have problems. Would having a discreet graphics card fix problems like wake/ shutdown? My current build is:

Intel i5-6500
Gigabyte Z170n- Gaming 5
G. Skil 32GB (2x16GB)
Samsung SM 951 NVMe 256GB (With Driver)

I did not follow any specific building guides. Just looked up certain El Capitan problems.

Any input would be appreciated. If a graphics card can fix my problems than I will install one. I have an Nvidia GTX 950 lying around.

One more thing. When I choose boot options in startup and I get Boot Options I get a bunch of Partitions now. Anyone know what that is about?

I fixed the wake issue by going into energy settings and disabling sleep when display turned off. probably uses more energy but can't seem to find a solution.

I too have the bunch of partitions in the boot options of the bios. doesn't seem to affect boot up.

Shutdown is still an issue. it automatically restarts soon after system shutdown.

This is my first install. So far most everything seems to work as described in the excellent guide with 2 exceptions.
1. My Graphics card shows as 0GB. (EVGA GTX 950). It was also not working properly, but this was resolved by installing NVIDIA web drivers.
2. I'm waiting for the Dell M.2 chip to arrive but in the meantime, I can't seem to get the bluetooth to work using the chip that came with the MB. (GA-H170N-WIFI REV 1).

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, just curious. This guide says to download a config.plist and then replace it with the default config.plist from Unibeast and do the same with after installation? What does this do? Reason I ask is because I tried it and when I try to boot off my Unibeast USB it cannot boot. It keeps restarting with a weird blue screen. I see the selections but cannot boot. I can boot off the default config.plist but then I still have a lot of problems post installation( shutdown, sleep/wake). I read that having a graphics card fixes wake but I still have the issue with a GTX 950. FixShutdown doesn't solve my shutdown problem either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back