Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, just curious. This guide says to download a config.plist and then replace it with the default config.plist from Unibeast and do the same with after installation? What does this do? Reason I ask is because I tried it and when I try to boot off my Unibeast USB it cannot boot. It keeps restarting with a weird blue screen. I see the selections but cannot boot. I can boot off the default config.plist but then I still have a lot of problems post installation( shutdown, sleep/wake). I read that having a graphics card fixes wake but I still have the issue with a GTX 950. FixShutdown doesn't solve my shutdown problem either.
I downloaded h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist and renamed it config.plist. Renamed the original 'EFI/CLOVER/config.plist' to 'EFI/CLOVER/Old_config.plist' and copied the newly renamed config.plist into the USB drive.

EDIT!! I noticed the USB drive activity light is on and flashing, then right before reboot it turns off. The apple logo is still on the screen during all of this. I have tried multiple usb slots/drives. Please help

I am on the
  1. Select Boot Mac OS X from Installer (it should have a picture labeled "EXTERNAL"; use left/right arrow keys to select from multiple options and press enter when the correct one is selected)
  2. You should see the apple logo and a progress bar as the installer loads.
I choose External, the apple logo pops up, and the whole machine immediately reboots. I have triple checked my Bios settings are correct. Any help?

Build:

Gigabyte H170n WIFI
I3-6100
8GB (2x4) Crucial Ballistic Sport
160w Pico PSU
128GB 840 EVO
I helped with this computer and finally got it to boot by using the cpus=2 boot flag. I assume this worked because the config.plist in this thread expects a quad-core processor while the i3-6100 is dual-core, and the cpus=2 boot flag adjusts for that. I might be wrong, but that's my understanding.

cpus=2 is required every time the computer is booted, so I made it permanent using Clover Configurator.

My setup freezes on wake from sleep (Unit wakes up but no monitor signal and hitting reset does not reboot).
Each time I need to force shutdown by pushing the power button.

I have the unit sleep after 1 hr and monitor power off after 15 mins of idle time.

I downloaded h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist and renamed it config.plist. Renamed the original 'EFI/CLOVER/config.plist' to 'EFI/CLOVER/Old_config.plist' and copied the newly renamed config.plist into the USB drive.

So You kept both config.plist in the Clover folder?

So I followed Snazzy's Lab build: http://snazzylabs.com/article/skylake-mac-mini-hackintosh/
But instead of an i5, mine is an i7.

I've put the parts together, but when I'm installing the OS, my screen gets stuck. The progress bar does not move, even after 7 hours. When I mean the progress does not move, it's been on "0%" the entire time.

I was wondering if there is a fix, or if maybe it's suppose to be very long. But from Snazzy's videos it sounds like it shouldn't be so long. So I thought I was not making my USB correctly, so I tried re-doing it. I still get the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: So I changed some of my BIOS and added nvda_drv=1, now it's working.

Last edited:
I'm also following Snazzy's Lab build, (i5-6500, GA-H170N-WIFI, IGPU only)
But I've got 8 GB RAM (2133 MH/z) and my WIFI adapter is disconnected.
now, I've followed the guide 100%, and when i try to boot to the installer, once at 50% of the progress bar, my screen goes black and my monitor is going to sleep.

I've tried to disconnect and reconnect the display,
I've tried to modify only the USBInjectAll kext and not the profile
Nothing.

I'm trying to install OSX 10.11.5

my verbose output, one moment before my screen went black is attached
any help is super welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 166
Those still having issues with PC still rebooting automatically after OS shutdown. Try the clover config shutdown fix check box.

Was following the windows 10 dual boot instructions and stuck during the installation process, specifically the part on deleting the partition, new, format. "windows is unable to use this partition for installation" If anyone else stuck here, was there a detail i missed? I tried redoing several times.

I am preparing the usb installer for use on my new hackintosh but I cannot understand what is meant by this :

• Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

I looked at everything that I downloaded from the list but still don't understand this, what am I doing wrong ?

I am preparing the usb installer for use on my new hackintosh but I cannot understand what is meant by this :

• Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

I looked at everything that I downloaded from the list but still don't understand this, what am I doing wrong ?

rename the config file you downloaded to config.plist

So I followed Snazzy's Lab build: http://snazzylabs.com/article/skylake-mac-mini-hackintosh/
But instead of an i5, mine is an i7.

I've put the parts together, but when I'm installing the OS, my screen gets stuck. The progress bar does not move, even after 7 hours. When I mean the progress does not move, it's been on "0%" the entire time.

I was wondering if there is a fix, or if maybe it's suppose to be very long. But from Snazzy's videos it sounds like it shouldn't be so long. So I thought I was not making my USB correctly, so I tried re-doing it. I still get the same problem.

Thanks in advance!
I'm also following Snazzy's Lab build, (i5-6500, GA-H170N-WIFI, IGPU only)
But I've got 8 GB RAM (2133 MH/z) and my WIFI adapter is disconnected.
now, I've followed the guide 100%, and when i try to boot to the installer, once at 50% of the progress bar, my screen goes black and my monitor is going to sleep.

I've tried to disconnect and reconnect the display,
I've tried to modify only the USBInjectAll kext and not the profile
Nothing.

I'm trying to install OSX 10.11.5

my verbose output, one moment before my screen went black is attached
any help is super welcome.

I didn't run into that problem, the only problem I had was that I could see the installer progress bar, but there was no progress. My fix to the problem was going into Clover Option and adding nvda_drv=1 to Boot Args:dart=0

Since this is my first time building a Hackintosh, all I can suggest is re-prepare your bootable USB Drive.

I did not need to use my WiFi connector until I finished the Post-Installation Configuration. Also maybe double check that your computer parts are the proper ones.

Hope it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back