Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get NVRam to stick with a Fusion drive by performing the following steps:

1 - Access the custom install options from the Clover installer

1.png

2 - Keep the options that are already selected checked, and check the remaining boxes to match the image below.

3.png

3 - Browse to the EFI/CLOVER folder on your Macintosh HD (this was added by the clover install) and copy the CONTENTS of the drivers64UEFI folder.

4 - Mount the EFI partition that your computer is booting from (mine is disk0s1) and paste the copied files into the drivers64UEFI folder located in EFI/CLOVER. Replace any files that exist in the destination. You can use EFI Mounter V3 or Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition.

5 - Open Preference Pane and click the Clover icon

6 - Click NVRam Variables and change the Save NVRAM contents to disk from Auto to Always

7 - Restart and turn on Find my Mac or you can run: sudo nvram nvramtest=1

8 - Reboot again and run: nvram -p

You should now see that your Find My Mac token is still there (or nvramtest=1).

Hopefully this will save some time. I tested it in my VMWare OS X VM and then did the same on my physical machine.

I wanted to add something else that I found.

I bought the DW1560 (BCM94352Z) wireless/bluetooth card, but couldn't get full speeds out of it. After a ton of investigating, I found that there are two extra kext patches that need to be added to the config.plist.

Here they are (I also attached them as a separate plist just in case):

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                axAAAHUN
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                axAAAJCQ
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QYP8/3QsSA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                ZscGVVPrKw==
                </data>
            </dict>

The last one is for the country code. I'm not sure if mine was set to a different country code (bought it on eBay), but after adding these, I get full AC 5GHz speed, AirDrop and Handoff.

I got these from Toledo's awesome post, but wanted to make it a bit easier for this specific card.

Here is the link to his post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Adam

Attachments

• AirPortBRCM4360-Patches.plist
    2.2 KB · Views: 152
Will I be able to use two displays (1x HDMI (1920x1080) with AUDIO?, 1x DVI (2560x1440)) if I buy the Gigabyte GeForce GT 740 OC, 2GB GDDR5, VGA, 2x DVI, HDMI (GV-N740D5OC-2GI) following the instructions in the guide?

Or what graphics card would you suggest to do so? The audio over HDMI is a pain in the ass with the HD530. Guide does not work, gives back screens. Dual screens won't be possible on boot, and so on.

I wanted to add something else that I found.

I bought the DW1560 (BCM94352Z) wireless/bluetooth card, but couldn't get full speeds out of it. After a ton of investigating, I found that there are two extra kext patches that need to be added to the config.plist.

Here they are (I also attached them as a separate plist just in case):

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                axAAAHUN
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                axAAAJCQ
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QYP8/3QsSA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                ZscGVVPrKw==
                </data>
            </dict>

The last one is for the country code. I'm not sure if mine was set to a different country code (bought it on eBay), but after adding these, I get full AC 5GHz speed, AirDrop and Handoff.

I got these from Toledo's awesome post, but wanted to make it a bit easier for this specific card.

Here is the link to his post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Adam

Thanks Adam! I added this to my config file.

Will I be able to use two displays (1x HDMI (1920x1080) with AUDIO?, 1x DVI (2560x1440)) if I buy the Gigabyte GeForce GT 740 OC, 2GB GDDR5, VGA, 2x DVI, HDMI (GV-N740D5OC-2GI) following the instructions in the guide?

Or what graphics card would you suggest to do so? The audio over HDMI is a pain in the ass with the HD530. Guide does not work, gives back screens. Dual screens won't be possible on boot, and so on.

You may want to check on the graphics card forum. http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/

2 - The build won't wake from sleep. The power lights come on, but nothing responds. It actually took down my internet somehow. I think it might be caused by the Bluetooth USB adapter I'm using (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E96JBK/?tag=tonymacx86com-20). I'm going to buy the DW1560 M.2 card as I need wireless anyways.

I have the same problem with the sleep taking down my entire network. Logs on my router and in console don't reveal anything that I can figure out. I did the following step, and it helped with waking from sleep:

If you have sleep/wake problems but only after your machine has been sleeping for a long time ("standby" mode), try running the following terminal command to restrict it to regular "sleep" instead of allowing standby:
Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

That said, I don't think sleep is what's causing the issue of nuking my internet. It seems like something is locked up and frozen and saturating the network. Removing power from the Hackintosh instantly brings my internet back. I'm using the Mausi ethernet driver and the i219 port.

GTX 970, Install only the driver, or even edit info.plist?

<key>Mac-65CE76090165799A</key>
<string>Config2</string>

to

<key>Mac-65CE76090165799A</key>
<string>none</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back