Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one last thing: CASE FANS not functioning?

GA H170N wifi + i7 67000 + EVGA HADRON AIR case with 2 top case fans.

I run renderworks, temperature goes to 95°, case fans not working.
Broke the rendering off...

After this I have set the BIOS settings System Fan Speed Control (SYS_FAN Connector) to Full Speed.

Handbrake test, all cores: temperature rises to 70° and slowly to 85°. Still NO case fans working.
Intel standard fan seems to do all the work...

=> is this normal? Sorry first build so total noob...

Hi all!

Very new here, and this is my first hackintosh build. I'm using exactly the same setup as the guide follows. Except fpr my graphics card and SSD.

GA-H170N-WIFI BIOS F3
Intel i7 6700
2x8g ddr4
Samsung 850 GB SATA III internal SSD
Dell M.2 wifi card (same on used)

Graphics card is a MSI N750 Ti -2GD5TLP

I've followed the guide to a "T". The issue I'm having is I get to the boot screen and am getting a blue screen in the image below. Then ,after pressing the install from USB, it's going into a continuous reboot. I get to the apple logo, then reboot again. Sometimes I get to the black screen with the actual pictures, but only one drive as the guide mentions scrolling to multiple.

It worked last night to where the logo would actual start to load, but after that no connection to the monitor. I also did not have my graphics card in.

Any help to get this going.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 92
i've given up on my build with the same specs with 960 card. I get a 50/50 success rate for booting. Wake/Sleep works for the 1st 2 times and then hangs.

Think I will wait for the next update or OS.

Hello all!

Building my first Hackintosh with this setup. I get to the Clover boot screen, but whenever I select to boot up to the Capitan installer it just reboots my machine. Any ideas on this? I went back through and checked all of my BIOS settings with the guide and it all looks good there.

Any advice/help is appreciated!

Hello all!

Building my first Hackintosh with this setup. I get to the Clover boot screen, but whenever I select to boot up to the Capitan installer it just reboots my machine. Any ideas on this? I went back through and checked all of my BIOS settings with the guide and it all looks good there.

Any advice/help is appreciated!

I would say try to re-do the USB stick, format and prep. it again, run checks if its not corrupted, try with different USB stick. Your USB might have damaged sector.

I would say try to re-do the USB stick, format and prep. it again, run checks if its not corrupted, try with different USB stick. Your USB might have damaged sector.

You could also try different USB ports.

Got my case fans working.

(For other noobs like me: the H170N system fan connector has 4 pins. My case fans cable have 3-pins so it is **NOT** plug and play!)

All in all, not a walk in the park, but finally a decent running system for a nice price.
Coming from a MBP, next time I'll invest more money in noise reduction....

Thanks again Ammulder and anyone involved.

Last edited:
- I'm using Corsair 2x16GB modules for a total of 32 GB. Initially OS X indicated I had 16 GB of 2133 DD4.
- About this Mac\Overview simply reads "32 GB ???"

I had both of these too. My fault was to skip this part of the manual: "Leave the two memory entries set for slots 0 and 2 and the slot count set for 4 even though the board only has two slots (Clover wants to see slots 0 and 2 configured to treat the memory as dual-channel)."

I re-entered the memory settings as above, then I got the "???" part, but after a few restarts, everything was OK

Hi,

i'm trying to boot up from the El Cap install usb key, but after the loading bar disappears i only got a blank screen. I'm using the dvi connector of the board. How can i fix the problem.

AFAIK i did everything as the guide said in the first topic post.

Hi,

i'm trying to boot up from the El Cap install usb key, but after the loading bar disappears i only got a blank screen. I'm using the dvi connector of the board. How can i fix the problem.

AFAIK i did everything as the guide said in the first topic post.
Check here
You can get DVI to work if you delete all the other KextsToPatch to do with graphics and use this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back