Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been able to get your AMD R9 270x to work with El capitan? If not, how do you disable it?

It works absolutely perfect, see my posts here. I have a dual monitor setup (Dell 25" via DP, Sony TV via HDMI) and even audio over HDMI works using the scripts from toleda. I have no instabilities or anything like that so far.

I installed El Capitan using the integrated graphics following this guide and set everything up. Just afterwards I installed the R9 270X, connected the monitor using DP and it worked out of the box. Mac OS X sees it as a Radeon 7870 which is actually is (despite having a slightly higher GPU clock).

I am still struggling here after the completing the installation and first use. Everything works well the first few times. Now I have boot freezes and it happens very random. I think it might be my video card GTX-960.

My question is I have the GTX-960 connected via display port to my Dell 32" monitor.
Do I use the integrated graphics(connect display port to it) during the initial installation or connect directly to the GTX-960 for the first install and run the web drivers at the end?

I followed the guide step by step and still have issues(used the recommended confil.plist files etc).

Any suggestions?

TIA

What other hardware are you using? I haven't had any issues with this build, what so ever.

What other hardware are you using? I haven't had any issues with this build, what so ever.
In addition to the standard listed hardware, I am using:
-Apple extended keyboard, Logitec wireless mouse and a CPU sink type cooler. So nothing old or special.

I am about to start my build with this motherboard. I have ordered the Dell DW1560 wifi card. I wont be here for a few more days but I'd like to assemble and boot tonight. Is this ok? Can I utilize an ethernet port on the H170N for internet until the wifi card comes?

I am trying this build and can get into the clover boot menu, but get stuck and get the grayed out circle after a few minutes. booting in verbose mode gives me the missing bluetooth controller transport error. any ideas as to what i could be doing wrong?

I successfully installed El Capitan on my machine, but have some things that need to be worked out. I've been looking for answers here but can't seem to find anything that works.

Specs are:
Gigabyte H170-WIFI Motherboard
Intel i5-6500 Processor
Ballistix 16GB Ram DDR4

This is my first build so I'm wondering if maybe I missed a step or did something wrong during the Post Installation Configuration.

-Audio not working via headphone jack
-Ethernet Port not working
-"About This Mac" says I only have 8GB of RAM when I actually have 16GB, it also has the wrong speed listed for my processor
-Haven't tried WiFi yet because my Dell Card hasn't showed up in the mail yet.
-The machine seems to freeze for a few seconds before it shuts down. Is that normal?

I went back to Clover Configurator to try and fix this stuff but nothing seems to be working. The one thing that I seemed to fix was the Reboot after being shut down.

Is there a way to wipe the system and start over? Or is this something that is relatively easy to fix as it is now?

Appreciate any feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back