Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
After enabling Trim support a few hours ago my speeds are nearly back to full strength :)

ammulder, thank you so much for putting together this guide and keeping it updated.

Also many thanks to everyone else in the community for chiming in with their issues/resolutions.

I have a fairly vanilla build, and this thread helped me get everything set up painlessly.

MOBO: H170N-WIFI
CPU: i5 6500
GFX: HD 530
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 2666MHz DDR4 - 16GB (8GBx2)

Initially, I had issues getting the RAM to show up correctly in OS X (I got the 16 GB ??? in "About This Mac"). Fixed by populating all the Memory fields in SMBIOS (including Vendor, Part, Serial) for Slot 0 and Slot 2. I don't think it matters what values you put in Part and Serial as long as they're filled. "About This Mac" now shows "16 GB 2133 MHz DD4" and the memory tab shows 8GB in 2/4 slots.

One thing I have left is getting audio over HDMI for HD 530.

Hi, spot on guide!

I have the H170n-WiFi with i5-6400 running from the HD 530 IGPU.
Sleep/Wake is not working properly. Once in sleep state, if I tap the keyboard or power button to wake the computer the screen remains blank and fans spin up like it's just starting up but no output to monitor. All BIOS settings as they should be and I'm using Mausi kext. I tried unplugging an re-plugging the HDMI cable but nothing on screen once the monitor is woken up. Could this be an EDID issue?

Cheers

ammulder, thank you so much for putting together this guide and keeping it updated.

Also many thanks to everyone else in the community for chiming in with their issues/resolutions.

I have a fairly vanilla build, and this thread helped me get everything set up painlessly.

MOBO: H170N-WIFI
CPU: i5 6500
GFX: HD 530
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 2666MHz DDR4 - 16GB (8GBx2)

Initially, I had issues getting the RAM to show up correctly in OS X (I got the 16 GB ??? in "About This Mac"). Fixed by populating all the Memory fields in SMBIOS (including Vendor, Part, Serial) for Slot 0 and Slot 2. I don't think it matters what values you put in Part and Serial as long as they're filled. "About This Mac" now shows "16 GB 2133 MHz DD4" and the memory tab shows 8GB in 2/4 slots.

One thing I have left is getting audio over HDMI for HD 530.

See HERE

Hi, I would like to thank you for your amazing guide. I'm planing to build a hackintosh soon and I would like to ask you few things:

• does the ethernet port work out of the box right now? You have mentionet, that it din't worked but later in that post you said it works (I'd rather use ethernet and I don't want to buy wifi card)
  • does all usb ports works?

Thank you very much if you find time to answer my questions. I've rougly searched for those questions in this topic, but it's quite big.

Have a great day!

Hi, I would like to thank you for your amazing guide. I'm planing to build a hackintosh soon and I would like to ask you few things:

• does the ethernet port work out of the box right now? You have mentionet, that it din't worked but later in that post you said it works (I'd rather use ethernet and I don't want to buy wifi card)
  • does all usb ports works?

Thank you very much if you find time to answer my questions. I've rougly searched for those questions in this topic, but it's quite big.

Have a great day!

- The Ethernet port over the USB-C is not recommended to be used, but the one over the USB3 ports works fine using the Multibeast selections listed in the OP.
- All USB ports work using the kext listed in the OP.

Hi, and thanks for this great guide!

It worked great initially for 10.11.0, but reinstalling with your current guide from march 24 (2016) gives me some trouble.
I followed every step fastidiously, BIOS version F4, same settings, everything..
The install works, I did the MultiBeast steps, overwrote the config.plist with yours, made the adaptions in CCC. Then, after the reboot with the USB installer removed, Clover starts from disk but doesn't show any entry.
I checked this on 2 different disks. Do you have any idea, what could cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back