Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been able to get Windows 10 to install on the same drive? Am I pretty much SOL and have to get an additional drive?

I figured it out. You have to use the command line of Diskutil and resize the drive without any type of formating.

Last edited:
For those experiencing issues with HDMI audio try the attached script after mounting efi partition and reboot. Audio through display port works fine for me, enable it in the audio settings page

Has anybody successfully fix the 5G wifi issue?

Also, can you please tell me how to monitor my cpu to check if it works fine?

Attachments

• audio_cloverHDMI-110_v0.22.command.zip
    10 KB · Views: 92
ok guys, good news 5G works adding this:

10.10 and newer, 5GHz
  1. Binary patch: AirPortBrcm4360
    1. US/FCC the-darkvoid #981
      1. Find: 41 83 FC FF 74 2C 48
      2. Replace: 66 C7 06 55 53 EB 2B

to clover config

I started to install El Capitan on ASrock Z170-Gaming-ITX/AC two days ago and was stop at the middle of boot up for installation because of the blank screen. After going thru this thread, I switch to displayport and kept moving on to finish the installation with Ikyo config fiile. But no matter how I changed and tried, HDMI port above the displayport won't work at all.
My board has BIOS 1.8 when I just bought it and it has some minor display issue after wake up from sleep occasionally in Windows 10. But Intel QSV for H.265 works fine (40 fps) with handbreak nighty build. Later on I upgraded to BIOS 2.10 and Intel QSV H.265 was broken. I tried several Intel drives, and Intel QSV still not working and the issue of display after wake up became worse. It seems the updated BIOS might carry new firmware for HDMI that breaks the Intel QSV h.265. Maybe that is why my HDMI port won't work in OSX 10.11?

Can any one who make HD 530 work with HDMI (1.4a) tell me what is the BIOS version on your board? Thanks !!

I started to install El Capitan on ASrock Z170-Gaming-ITX/AC two days ago and was stop at the middle of boot up for installation because of the blank screen. After going thru this thread, I switch to displayport and kept moving on to finish the installation with Ikyo config fiile. But no matter how I changed and tried, HDMI port above the displayport won't work at all.
My board has BIOS 1.8 when I just bought it and it has some minor display issue after wake up from sleep occasionally in Windows 10. But Intel QSV for H.265 works fine (40 fps) with handbreak nighty build. Later on I upgraded to BIOS 2.10 and Intel QSV H.265 was broken. I tried several Intel drives, and Intel QSV still not working and the issue of display after wake up became worse. It seems the updated BIOS might carry new firmware for HDMI that breaks the Intel QSV h.265. Maybe that is why my HDMI port won't work in OSX 10.11?

Can any one who make HD 530 work with HDMI (1.4a) tell me what is the BIOS version on your board? Thanks !!
I was running version 2.1 of the BIOS. I am not longer running the HD530. I am not sure if I can just disable my external card and boot back to the internal graphics or not.

I was running version 2.1 of the BIOS. I am not longer running the HD530. I am not sure if I can just disable my external card and boot back to the internal graphics or not.

Thanks. What is the Video RAM size you configure in BIOS? I followed this guide and set it to be 128MB.

If nothing works, I will switch back to BIOS 1.80 and see any difference.

I think that is what I set mine to. I do remember that only one of the HDMI ports worked.

Yes, I knew only the HDMI port above the displayport is HDMI 1.4a. The other one is HDMI 2.0 port that should not work.

After I switch back to BIOS 1.80, the gray flashing screen after wake up from sleep in windows 10 was gone (with drivers from ASrock website or Intel). The BIOS 2.10 did make it worse for sleep issues. At the same time, my HDMI 1.4a port still won't work. It seems system can't detect any monitor with HDMI port after I login El Capitan with Teamviewer.

Yes, I knew only the HDMI port above the displayport is HDMI 1.4a. The other one is HDMI 2.0 port that should not work.

After I switch back to BIOS 1.80, the gray flashing screen after wake up from sleep in windows 10 was gone (with drivers from ASrock website or Intel). The BIOS 2.10 did make it worse for sleep issues. At the same time, my HDMI 1.4a port still won't work. It seems system can't detect any monitor with HDMI port after I login El Capitan with Teamviewer.

Well, it works when I switch to the HDMI port that closes to the PS/2 socket. That is so embarrassed. Am I wrong from the beginning about the location of HDMI 2.0 and HDMI 1.4a ports?

Thanks for your help and your config file did work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back