Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLVED: I used the wrong HDMI Port...

now most of it works. There are just a few small things.

1. Bluetooth works halfway. When i connect a bluetooth speaker it works for 30 sec before it stutters. (Handoff Continuity Feature works)

2. I didn't get the 5 GHz Wifi to work yet.

3. Audio via HDMI on the integrated Graphics doesn't work at all

I appreciate your tips
I got the same issue as you but I can't get it to work. I try to plug into another HDMI port but still no luck.

I got the same issue as you but I can't get it to work. I try to plug into another HDMI port but still no luck.
Try using my config.plist and using the HDMI port that is located by itself. You will need to update the SMBIOS information, but everything else should be fine.

cool. But its strange that it works for me without disabling the patches.

Did anyone try enabling p states or c states in clover configurator. i discovered that my cpu runs at about 1,8 GHz minimum when idling. Where in windows it goes all the way down to 0,8 GHz. So the Power Consumption in OS X is quit a bit higher

still doesn't working with your config file Ikyo :( Thank for the help

Ammulder, thank you for the comprehensive guide you given us all.

However. I got a serious problem. I'm using this motherboard without dedicated graphic card. So I rely solely on the onboard GPU HD 530. I've attempted to disable sleep like this:

pc screenshot

But this morning when I manually turned on my display. The display doesn't wake up. Somehow El Capitan went to display sleep mode?! Strange.

Anyone using this onboard GPU as the main as well? Do you got problems with it?

Hi guys,

So I've got a Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming-K3 motherboard. Audio ALC1150.

I don't have a layout-id and I don't know how to go around this issue. Layout-id in ioreg shows <00 00 00 00>. Clover injection doesn't seem to work with Skylake. Meaning no matter what I input in Clover injection, it will still be 0 in Ioreg. And because of that, any method of patching sound will fail. I was going for AppleALC.kext since this way I can keep my AppleHDA kext intact.

So question of the day is: how can I easily patch that layout-id to show 1 in HDEF.
Just so you know, I also had to rename HDAS to HDEF to be able to even think of patching the sound and get it to work.

So please, tell me you know how to fix this easily. Preferably with Clover since that's what I'm using right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back