Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ammulder, Am I correct to say that this is the only 170 mini-ITX which includes usable Wifi/Bluetooth for handoff/continuity?

I've searched high and low for alternatives but couldn't find any other.
You could always replace it with this one

You could always replace it with this one

Yes, I'm aware of that. But that's another 30 bucks extra.
About Sleep/Wake:
"Sleep/wake -- seems to crash on wake, but may yet be correctable"
Ammulder, can you elaborate more on this? How likely is 'correctable'? The Gigabyte 170 itx's doesn't suffer from this.

I haven't really put any effort into troubleshooting sleep/wake because I need mine to be up to SSH into.

Odds are that RehabMan could get it to work. :) It seems to go to sleep OK but then reboot when I wake it, so it may be that if you search for crash on wake solutions you could find something that fixes it.

I have noticed that my H170N-WIFI and Skylake NUC don't have the same crash on wake.

I am having some issues with the audio. It works to start off with but after 2-3 minutes I have a lot of static noise and the sound becomes unbearable. Unplugging the 3.5mm audio cable and plugging it back in solves this issue for another 2-3 minutes.

Running under Windows I have no issues. Any idea what is happening here?

I am having some issues with the audio. It works to start off with but after 2-3 minutes I have a lot of static noise and the sound becomes unbearable. Unplugging the 3.5mm audio cable and plugging it back in solves this issue for another 2-3 minutes.

Running under Windows I have no issues. Any idea what is happening here?

I have a similar issue. Well audio is working. But after a while, when watching YouTube for example, the sound starts to crack. If I trash a file the sound fx doesn't fire up and YouTube becomes muted for a brief period.

Switching the output device and switching it back solves the issue for a while.

Also, I had to change my speakers wiring as the motherboard output became different. I don't get any sound from left and right speakers, only middle one. So I swapped them.

Is there any alternative to install alc1150 drivers?

Hello!
Thanks for the great guide ammulder.
I have succeeded to install 6700k on this motherboard. Installation was quite quick. (Massage working, Speedstep working, HD530 working, Also I'm running 11.5. I originally installed 11.4 and updated to 11.5)

I had to spend few hours to get my 5gh working. I followed followed link like mentioned by redlobster in previous posts.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

unfortunately, I could not get my bluetooth work tho. I'm not sure what is preventing the bluetooth to work.

I got the latest BcrmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and installed in Library/Extensions by Kextbeast.

USBInjectAll.kext are in my EFI and I still have uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;SS09;SS10 in my boot log. As I heard USB issue is a known problem for causing bluetooth.

here's my system information.

Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 10.02.16 PM.png

if anyone could help me figure why, it would be just wonderful. I cannot find other ways to fix this;;

Hi,

Thanks for the Guide.
This is my first Hackintosh and im having some Issues with the IGPU.

Setup: Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming itx
CPU Intel 6700k
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Samsung 950 Pro

I managed to install everything and i can boot into OSX from the SSD. But the System only detects 14 MB of shared Graphics Memory.

When i boot i get: Graphics Driver failed to load. could not register with framebuffer driver!

Everything else seems to be detected. Bluetooth gets detected but doesnt really work.

I wanted to use the iGPU until i can get my hands on an NVIDIA GTX 1070.

i really hope you can help me
IMG_0679.jpgIMG_0681.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 242
Hi,

Thanks for the Guide.
This is my first Hackintosh and im having some Issues with the IGPU.

Setup: Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming itx
CPU Intel 6700k
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
Samsung 950 Pro

I managed to install everything and i can boot into OSX from the SSD. But the System only detects 14 MB of shared Graphics Memory.

When i boot i get: Graphics Driver failed to load. could not register with framebuffer driver!

Everything else seems to be detected. Bluetooth gets detected but doesnt really work.

I wanted to use the iGPU until i can get my hands on an NVIDIA GTX 1070.

i really hope you can help me
View attachment 198271View attachment 198272

SOLVED: I used the wrong HDMI Port...

now most of it works. There are just a few small things.

1. Bluetooth works halfway. When i connect a bluetooth speaker it works for 30 sec before it stutters. (Handoff Continuity Feature works)

2. I didn't get the 5 GHz Wifi to work yet.

3. Audio via HDMI on the integrated Graphics doesn't work at all

I appreciate your tips

I am having some strange issues when trying to install OSX. If I put the USB installer in the USB ports below the PS2 port, I get a circle with a line through it. If I use any of the other ports, the progress bar goes about 50% through then disappears and never comes back. I am using the onboard graphics so I changed the BIOS to reflect the onboard as the video device. Any help would be appreciated.

I am having some strange issues when trying to install OSX. If I put the USB installer in the USB ports below the PS2 port, I get a circle with a line through it. If I use any of the other ports, the progress bar goes about 50% through then disappears and never comes back. I am using the onboard graphics so I changed the BIOS to reflect the onboard as the video device. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using the HDMI Port above the DisplayPort? For me it only works with the other Port.

Try using verbose Mode. -v as a Boot Flag, so you can see what is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back