Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my Intel NUC 5i5RYH today and followed the instructions to install 10.11.2 with no problems. As I clicked bluetooth on in bios, it seems to work.

Sleep does not interfere with either audio or internet.

The NUC came with bios 350 installed and does indeed reboot after a few seconds. Has this been fixed or should I flash to 348?

Thanks!

I have a Monoprice 27" monitor that displays 2560x1440, does anyone have this resolution working via the mini-hdmi?

I can enable 2560x1440 at 50Hz through mini-HDMI on an LG Ultrawide (3440x1440 native) using the SwitchResX System Preference on a NUCi7RYH. It does 2560x1440 at 60Hz through mini-Displayport. For those interested, those same refresh rates are available at this monitor's full 3440 pixel width as well through the same interfaces.

I haven't tried mini-HDMI yet on my new i5RYH that showed up yesterday.

I should add that the NVMe benchmarks were strange in a different way -- on the 5i5 I got about 1500 MB/s for both read and write with a 950 Pro, whereas putting the same drive on a 170 board the read was more like 2200 MB/s.

Hi Ammulder - good to see you have the 950 Pro working on your NUC. I just installed the NVME kext on my i7 NUC, but speeds for my 950 Pro are maxing out at 540 read and 570 write. Were there any settings you tweaked to get those speeds, or was it just a case of adding the NVME kext? I get similar speeds to you when running a speed test on the same drive through Windows 10.

I just added the kext. Though when I did the test, I think I still booted from a 2.5" drive and just ran the test against the NVMe drive. Not sure whether being the boot drive or not makes a difference.

Hi i need a little help.i bought an Asus X554LA with an I3 5010u install El Capitan and IGPU dos t work properly. i want to know if use nuc5i3 ssdt for my laptop will be ok or not thx for help!

Ammulder....Thanks a bunch for your hard work! My NUC worked the first time and I was absolutely thrilled.

I am wondering whether auto re-booting on bios 350 will be fixed as my computer came with 350 and I'm always apprehensive about flashing my bios.

Thanks.

Try this for BIOS 352 (may work for 350 too):

On the Advanced / Power screen, check USB S4/S5 Power, but make sure the following are all off/unchecked:
Wake on LAN from S4/S5
Wake System from S5
Wake on USB from S5
PCIe ASPM Support
Native ACPI OS PCIe Support

That makes my NUC5i5RYK shut down without starting up again. I am still able to sleep and wake it again by e.g. clicking the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back