Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ammulder...actually turning off those items in bios caused me to lose the internet on waking from sleep -(

So I set them back to normal and sleep no longer kills the internet.

ammulder...actually turning off those items in bios caused me to lose the internet on waking from sleep -(

So I set them back to normal and sleep no longer kills the internet.

I'm on BIOS 352 on the 5i5RYK and I've confirmed that with those BIOS settings I don't get a restart after shutdown, and also I don't lose Internet after sleep/wake -- though I am currently using the Mausi driver for the onboard Ethernet, so that may be worth a try instead of the AppleIntelE1000e driver.

I think the next MultiBeast will include the Mausi driver, at which point I'll just switch the guide over to that.

I'm on BIOS 352 on the 5i5RYK and I've confirmed that with those BIOS settings I don't get a restart after shutdown, and also I don't lose Internet after sleep/wake -- though I am currently using the Mausi driver for the onboard Ethernet, so that may be worth a try instead of the AppleIntelE1000e driver.

I think the next MultiBeast will include the Mausi driver, at which point I'll just switch the guide over to that.

Great news!

Mausi fixed the re-start problem and I still have internet. Still on 350.
Thanks a bunch!

I'm planning to use both UniBeast and MultiBeast in the guide, since that is the simplest process. So if they keep using Clover, then I'm planning to keep the guide using Clover.

Ammulder, thanks for this wonderful guide. Just bought the 5i5RYH and followed your instructions to the T. Everything worked and I did not experience any problems. Connected my iCloud and Messages without the need to read the 'Fix iMessage' link. Thank you so much for the painless experience. It just works!

pls update.
i've got my nuc5i5myhe's shutdown issue fixed. just use Rehabman's intel 7/8 series usb patch and change GPRW(0x6D,0x04) to GPRW(0x6D,0x00) and it won't reboot after shutdown, and sleep works fine. it wakes when i click on my magic mouse.
BTW, DELL P2415Q works fine with DP.(its color sucks)

not a native speaker,i've tried my best

i infer from your message that you must have extracted your DSDT then cleaned up the errors and applied rehabman's USB patch.

other than that patch, did you apply any other patches? i have my NUC running without a dsdt (as the guide directs) but my habit after years of hackintoshing is to always use a patched dsdt.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back