Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I'm a nub. Can someone help on this section:

• For NUC5i5MYHE: Need to generate CPU SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh, use the GPU SSDT-1 for HD5500 from the i3 listing above

Sorry for my english. :)

Hi all,

I don't care about iMessage but I need iCloud to work Does anyone know if iCloud will work without going through the iMessage fix?

Hi.
I'm a nub. Can someone help on this section:

• For NUC5i5MYHE: Need to generate CPU SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh, use the GPU SSDT-1 for HD5500 from the i3 listing above

It turns out that the version of ssdtPRGen.sh with Broadwell support is buggy right now, so it's not easy to tell you how to do it. I've updated the first post with the two SSDT files you'll need for the MYHE (in the list of stuff to download, where the text you quoted used to be).

I found one nagging problem to an otherwise perfect setup.

On the System Preferences -> Energy Saver pane, I get options for both Battery and Power Adapter settings. I set the display sleep on both to 10 minutes, and a few custom settings. Now, the Power Adapter settings stick. But when I close the System Preferences and open it back up, the Battery settings always reverts back to display sleep of Never.

I've been having problems with my display not sleeping sometimes, and when it does sleep, I'd try to wake it and it would go back to sleep right away. It's driving me nuts!

I think the problem may lie in the fact that I have the system profile on my NUC 5i5RHY to Macbook Air 6,2, thus the option for Battery settings. But of course there is no battery, and somehow that seems to be confusing El Capitan in terms of putting the display to sleep and subsequent wakings.

Can I simply change the system profile to an iMac in the config.plist file, so there will be no battery options to confuse it? Or would I have to get a new set of SSDT files among other things?

I don't think you would need new SSDTs.

If you back up your config.plist and make the SMBIOS change in Clover Configurator, it should be easy to test. If for some reason it won't boot afterward, you can either boot to single-user mode or boot with a USB drive and restore your original config.plist.

ammulder
Hi ammulder, thank you very much for the guide. I recently bought a 5i5RYH and there are no drivers for the integrated wifi bluetooth. Is it possible to use a bluetooth&wifi combo usb adapter, and do you have suggestions? Will a broadcom chipset work or only Realtek chipsets work?

Some people have said they got the integrated Bluetooth working, but I'm not sure that's 100% true (not sure it will pair with devices even if "enabled"). Maybe someone using the integrated Bluetooth can speak up?

The only USB adapter I have used myself is a WiFi-only model with a Realtek chip. Anything with an OS X driver should work, though, so long as there's an El Capitan version of the driver available. This might be a better question for the Networking forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back