Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, thank you for this guide.

It's my first time installing the Mac OS and I never thought that something like this would be possible.

Secondly, I'm encountering an issue with occasionally getting a temporary black screen every once in a while.

My setup is a NUC5I7RYH and I'm connected to a Dell U2414H using DisplayPort, have you ever encountered an issue similar to this?

In addition to setting the monitor to display port 1.1 as suggested above (Which would limit you to 30 Hz at 4K resolution), you might also try replacing your display port cable. Sometimes the cable being low quality might cause this issue. If you turn your monitor off and then back on when this happens, does it fix the issue? If you're using a display port to mini display port adapter that could also be low quality as well.

This might also work as a quick fix: using hot corners in Mac OS X, you can set one of the corners of your display to put the display in sleep mode. Then, if your monitor suddenly goes to sleep, you can move your mouse pointer (even if you can't see it) to the corner of your screen, Which would tell the OS to put it to sleep, and then move the cursor away from the corner to wake it back up – i.E. cycling from sleep to wake mode manually. this might allow you to wake it back up when it has gone to sleep unexpectedly.

Firstly, thank you for this guide.

It's my first time installing the Mac OS and I never thought that something like this would be possible.

Secondly, I'm encountering an issue with occasionally getting a temporary black screen every once in a while.

My setup is a NUC5I7RYH and I'm connected to a Dell U2414H using DisplayPort, have you ever encountered an issue similar to this?

Hello Zephyrsin,

I have 2 U2414H, one connect on DP, another connect on HDMI. Both of them don't encounter such black screen issue.

I set to DP 1.2 by the way.

Do you set this?
  • In Devices / Video set IGD Minimum Memory to 64 MB (exception: use 128 MB for the 5i5) and IGD Aperture Size to 256 MB

Hi! I just installed hackintosh (this guide is really cool!) on my nuc(NUC5i5) and almost going fine until I installed drivers for usb wifi.
Wifi adapter is: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-11_Archer-T2U.html
Drivers from: http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-T2U.html#Driver
The problem is next:
After I click "Boot Mac from ..." in clover menu I get the next screen (after apple logo):
IMG_20160118_182437.jpg
If I use the -v key the output is next:
IMG_20160118_182726.jpg
Could you help me with it? Thanks a lot!

And at last I can't reinstall the OS because I stuck with load screen :)

Step 1: Boot in Single User mode by interrupting the Chameleon bootstrap and enter -s boot flag, having highlighted the targeted OS X partition to boot from.

Step 2: Shortly afterwards, you will be given the possibility to enter your own commands. You need write access to the partition, so we start with these commands:

Removing KEXT [ Kernel Extension ] is not difficult follow the commands and you will be able to remove KEXT.

1) Manually.

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/****.kext { Replace **** with KEXT extension }

try this name to remove

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

or type
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
ls
and find the driver to remove

Sorry but I stucked at step 1.
I don't know how to "Boot in Single User mode by interrupting the Chameleon bootstrap".
And also can I do it? Because as I know I'm using clover.

Hm. Weird behaviour but I can start the system.
I do next steps:
1. insert my usb stick with OS
2. reload nuc and go to bios
3. change boot priority (put usb to first place)
4. load in verbose mode

And it starts :)
Also I noticed that option "using reloc block" was "no" but before it always was "yes".
So I logged on. Now will remove kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back