Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
But chosse the language, the screen comes zu choose the drive. here only i can see the USB Drive, not the SSD.

I check 2times my BIOS Settings (350). I think all is fine. On Devices i see the Samsung SSD.
Have i to nee format the SSD befor or somthing?

Step 5 under "Install El Capitan" in the first post will take you through formatting the drive. You need to do that before you can select the disk in Step 13.

Lots of thanks ammulder, your hint solved my problem. Connecting the Unibeast installer Stick to a direct USB Port solved my problem, and the Installer comes up without any issues. Connecting the Unibeast to the USB Port of my keyboard causes the error.
USB is not USB as I saw now, but booting of it wasn't a problem, so I did not even think of your solution.

Again, thankx a lot, now my iMac G4 mod can go on.

Step 5 under "Install El Capitan" in the first post will take you through formatting the drive. You need to do that before you can select the disk in Step 13.

thx for your answer. i will check this.

@ammulder im ready to release the wifi driver, maybe you can add it somehow. Can i send you the source so you can compile it and have a go? If its ok, then maybe include it?

Hi guys,

I have updated to 10.11.2 from App store and everything went well, even after the NUC goes to sleep it wakes up perfectly with no LAN Issue.

However, I think the recovery partition has been screwed up!

When I try to boot from there, it shows the "stop" image and nothing happens!

Any idea on how to rebuild this? It is not critical but it is very useful to have the recovery partition built in!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello,

I have installed OS X on my Intel NUC5i5RYH, but I have two issues

1. System reboots after shutdown
2. After hibernate the system and restarting ethernet is not working. First after restart ethernet is working again.

Any ideas?

1. System reboots after shutdown
2. After hibernate the system and restarting ethernet is not working. First after restart ethernet is working again.

For #1, you can either use BIOS 348 or try 352 with these settings.

For #2, I don't recall trying hibernate, but you might try the Mausi driver, or if that doesn't work, the AppleIntelE1000e driver on that post.

For #1, you can either use BIOS 348 or try 352 with these settings.

For #2, I don't recall trying hibernate, but you might try the Mausi driver, or if that doesn't work, the AppleIntelE1000e driver on that post.

For #1: Thanks, that helped me! BIOS: 0353
For #2. AppleIntelE1000e.kext is already installed. I will try IntelMausiEthernet.kext. But how to install this? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back