Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thanks for following up.

My serial number is now [...] and the MLB is [...].

I've followed the guide that you refer me to and changed the system UUID.

Since I was running clover, I ran uuidgen 5 times and replaced the system UUID with
[...].

As well, I set boot parameters to -f afterwards.

Using the registry tool seems to confirm that the UUID is valid as well (16 bytes not containing 00s)

Could it be that my hardware UUID is blocked?

I'll keep reading for a solution

This is probably a better question for the Fix iMessage thread that here -- I have pretty limited experience with it. But that said, my understanding it they could have flagged many things, and you can go ahead and call them with the code it generates (so long as it's the same from boot to boot) and they can enable it for you.

Thanks ammulder!
I intalled this drivers but it not work :\
But good news this drivers not broke my system

Hi all,

Does anybody know if Ozmosis would work on the NUC?

The reason I ask is it could be more beneficial than Clover due to the bootloader being sorted in the Bios so if there is a need to reinstall, it would be like installing on a real Mac.

I would love this to be possible as it would involve less time than have to reinstall Clover on the EFI and when upgrading no files would need to be replaced.

Let me know your thoughts on this guys.

Thanks

@ammulder im ready to release the wifi driver, maybe you can add it somehow. Can i send you the source so you can compile it and have a go? If its ok, then maybe include it?

@ammulder - did anything come of this, does it work ?

@ammulder im ready to release the wifi driver, maybe you can add it somehow. Can i send you the source so you can compile it and have a go? If its ok, then maybe include it?

Hey Rammo or Ammulder, may I request access to this source? I would love to have a go at it and see if it will work on my own system. I am happy to help with debugging too.

-JC

Edit: Scratch that, I am an idiot, I checked Rammos profile and then went straight to the end, not reading the two posts above. Please keep us updated with developments lol.

I've been using the Mausi driver on a 5i3RYH but have been experiencing intermittent network problems and an excessive number of these messages in the syslog:
Jan 24 23:47:17 server kernel[0]: Ethernet [IntelMausi]: Not enough descriptors. Stalling.
Jan 24 23:47:17 server kernel[0]: Ethernet [IntelMausi]: Restart stalled queue!

Also the other day the NUC simply crashed and powered off whilst I was streaming a video from it.

I've removed the Mausi driver and installed the latest AppleIntelE1000e driver and have experienced no issues with this driver so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back