Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

first of all, thank you very much for such a great guide. Everything works perfectly, however, I got a problem with connecting 5.1 speakers. When I navigate to Preferences -> Sound -> Output; there are multiple instances of "Line Out" where each 'represents' one connector.

When I click on:
Internal Speakers - only front speakers are enabled
Line Out #1 - rear speakers are enabled
Line Out #2 - central speaker + subwoofer is enabled

Is there some possibility to "merge" those instances to one? So I can achieve state where all speakers are active.
Thanks very much in advance!!!

Screen_Shot_2016_06_09_at_21_05_47.png

asking here will help you more:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143750/

Hello, I followed the guide and all it working except that HDMI Audio is not working. Only Line OUT and Headphones audio is working. Is there a second way of doing it? Second question, which Blutooth usb is compatible with ga-z170x-ud3 and latest macOS
For the ALC/HDMI sound patch to be installed, the EFI partition must be mounted. Took me time to figure this out ^^
Use "EFI Mounter" for that.
After that, use the 2 audio.command script.
Then you'll see "HDMI" appears :)

Sometimes when i power on the Pc, the cpu fan runs but the mobo lights and display doesnt lit, and dont make any try to load anything,no visual on screens, periphericals doesnt lit...
i need to press power off some seconds to power off and start again. When i see the lights on it starts normal, anyone have experienced this? My Bios versión is F6. It seems mobo problem i think....?

Hi all, first big thanks to cnrd for his guide : everything is smooth as butter and functional, without any pain ! Makes a long time I have not made a new build (since 1366 area... ;)), building a hack in these conditions is just pleasure !

Just to share my experience, for the USB injection issues, I've enabled all the ports I need (all on the MB backplate and the 2 USB3 and 4 USB2 provided in front of my case) by changing the boot arg to :

uia_exclude=HS01;HS02

For what i understand, it just disables two USB 2 ports from the MB, whereas all available are correctly injected. Every available ports seems to injected correctly.

Another thing, if your machine only contains SSDs, using darkwake=10 enables completely functional Power Nap, with TimeMachiine backups and mail synchronization during sleep, the cars wakes but no fans, no screen, and goes back to deep sleep when job is done.

this file can't download, can you give me use other way ?

You can find RehabMan fork of this kext here:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads
Don't have tried it as I use an USB audio card for music production, but this is a man you can trust.

Hi all, first big thanks to cnrd for his guide : everything is smooth as butter and functional, without any pain ! Makes a long time I have not made a new build (since 1366 area... ;)), building a hack in these conditions is just pleasure !

Just to share my experience, for the USB problem injection, I've enabled all the ports I need (all on the MB backplate and the 2 USB3 and 4 USB2 provided in front of my case) by using this bootflag :

uia_exclude=HS01;HS02

For what i understand, it just disables two USB 2 ports from the MB, whereas all available are correctly injected.

Another thing, if your machine only contains SSDs, using darkwake=10 enables completely functional Power Nap, with TimeMachiine backups and mail synchronization during sleep, the cars wakes but no fans, no screen, and goes back to deep sleep when job is done.

Don't have tried it as I use an USB audio card for music production, but this is a man you can trust.

I need to recheck it, but i think i need to disable more than HS01 & HS02 :S

i'm using the GA-Z170X-UD3 with i7-6700K CPU & EVGA Geforce GTX 980ti and I followed the first post EXACTLY as it said... some parts were ridiculously vague, because there were some items in the BIOS that aren't there. There was also stuff you had us download, but its sitting on my desktop because there was never anything clear to do with it.

I keep getting ----Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! (and then a 'Circle with slanted line inside of it').

I really have no idea what to do, i've tried everything, only have my USB in the two black 2.0 slots. I tried nv_disable=1 and also GraphicsEnabler=No , nothing works.

i'm using the GA-Z170X-UD3 with i7-6700K CPU & EVGA Geforce GTX 980ti and I followed the first post EXACTLY as it said... some parts were ridiculously vague, because there were some items in the BIOS that aren't there. There was also stuff you had us download, but its sitting on my desktop because there was never anything clear to do with it.

I keep getting ----Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! (and then a 'Circle with slanted line inside of it').

I really have no idea what to do, i've tried everything, only have my USB in the two black 2.0 slots. I tried nv_disable=1 and also GraphicsEnabler=No , nothing works.

Maybe it isn't the best idea to say stuff like "ridiculously vague" before asking for help. I'm not paid anything to write this, I'm using my sparetime to do it.

Did you update your BIOS before changing the settings? Because some of the features was added in later BIOS versions...

For the missing bluetooth: Disable the serial port.

this file can't download, can you give me use other way ?

Download the file linked by nihil and use this: https://github.com/cnrd/GA-Z170X-UD3-OSX/raw/master/Clover Files/ACPI/patched/SSDT-ALC1150.aml in ACPI/patched

Last edited:
Maybe it isn't the best idea to say stuff like "ridiculously vague" before asking for help. I'm not paid anything to write this, I'm using my sparetime to do it.

Did you update your BIOS before changing the settings? Because some of the features was added in later BIOS versions...

For the missing bluetooth: Disable the serial port.

Download the file linked by nihil and use this: https://github.com/cnrd/GA-Z170X-UD3-OSX/raw/master/Clover Files/ACPI/patched/SSDT-ALC1150.aml in ACPI/patched

-----

I basically built the computer from scratch, so I have no OS installed, just BIOS. How would I be able to update BIOS without having to install Windows first, or is that even possible?

Gonna also try the other files from nihil and get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back