Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, and many thanks for this guide!

I've used it on GA-Z170X-UD3 + 6700K + 980ti and all seemed to work fine until I plugged in my trusty OWC USB 3.0 Mercury enclosure with SSD inside. I use it with my MBP when travelling with no problems at all.

Basically, this external USB 3.0 SSD works flaky on this Hackintosh, slow to mount drives, I can open a file then it loses connectivity etc. Something wrong with USB, but various USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 sticks are working OK. I also use wireless keyboard + mouse with USB adapter and Asus AC56 USB 3.0 Wifi adapter to connect to my network.

Any hints/guides/suggestions please?

Post-Installation Configuration
  1. Run Clover installer (Choose the same as before, but also choose Install RC scripts on target volume (To fix missing NVRam))
  2. Copy the same files as for the installer
  3. CPU PM:
    1. Unpack freqVectorsEdit.sh-master.zip, run freqVectorsEdit.sh. Choose the option called: "Mac-65CE76090165799A.plist (iMac17,1)"
    2. Reboot
    3. Run the ssdtPRGen.sh script that was downloaded earlier (If your CPU is overclocked, add "-turbo xxxx" without the quotes. Ex: "-turbo 4400" for 4.4GHz)

I'm stuck on these steps. these files seem to be just text files. I don't have the option of choosing anything. How do I run them?

cool thank you! 1 more question,

when I ran ssdtprgen it ran find except there was an error saying I might have the wrong cpu def setup. Is that because we are screwing with the cpu names or is that something I need to fix?

Is there a way to make the temp sensors work? I've installed istat menus and I only see the SSD temps.

I have the same board but with the latest BIOS (F21) and I'm using the 10.11.6 installer. Can anyone summarize what changes I need to make to the listed install procedure to make this work?

Am I wasting my time trying to use this version of BIOS and installer? I can install OSX no problem using unibeast etc. but had trouble with the audio and video etc.

thanks to cnrd for putting all this info together - fantastic

Last edited:
still having trouble getting dual monitors to work on this setup... i am using a gforce gt 740 graphics card. i am on running el capitan. i have tried installing nvidia web drivers, injecting drivers, boot flags and still nothing... anyone suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!

still having trouble getting dual monitors to work on this setup... i am using a gforce gt 740 graphics card. i am on running el capitan. i have tried installing nvidia web drivers, injecting drivers, boot flags and still nothing... anyone suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Try AGDPFix

I have the same board but with the latest BIOS (F21) and I'm using the 10.11.6 installer. Can anyone summarize what changes I need to make to the listed install procedure to make this work?

Am I wasting my time trying to use this version of BIOS and installer? I can install OSX no problem using unibeast etc. but had trouble with the audio and video etc.

thanks to cnrd for putting all this info together - fantastic

i'm also using this board and f21, can't even get to the installer. Do you think you could lend me a hand? I've ben trying to get my computer working for nearly a month now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back