Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, because you also have OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI.
Have you created the files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched? When not, remove it!
For what do you need "Verde.kext"?
Also remove CodecCommander.kext and AppleALC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other.
You have a skylake system, you need the SATA-100.series-unsupported.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other to see the partitions.
The download is available here at the end of post #1: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Don´t use ACPI files or a config.plist from an other computer!

Remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, because you also have OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI.
Have you created the files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched? When not, remove it!
For what do you need "Verde.kext"?
Also remove CodecCommander.kext and AppleALC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other.
You have a skylake system, you need the SATA-100.series-unsupported.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other to see the partitions.
The download is available here at the end of post #1: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Don´t use ACPI files or a config.plist from an other computer!

I created the USB files from the ACPI folder, I just made the changes that you passed and I continue to receive the ban signal ... when you say about "Do not use ACPI files or a config.plist from an other computer!" Do I need to create the usb on the machine I want to install?

I created the USB files from the ACPI folder, I just made the changes that you passed and I continue to receive the ban signal ... when you say about "Do not use ACPI files or a config.plist from an other computer!" Do I need to create the usb on the machine I want to install?
You only need access to mac App Store.
You can use for this your Apple computer ( like Mac Pro, Macbook Air, Macboot Pro, ... ) or an existing hackintosh. I want to tell you that you shouldn´t use ACPI files, like in your case "SSDT5.aml", from other computers, because it can cause issues, also when you have the same mainboard. You shouldn´t have ACPI files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched except when you need ACPI files to get hardware working like a NVMe SSD.
The same thing with the config.plist: search for some information about plattform ID for HD 530, boot arguments, ... and create your own config.plist.
Informations about config.plist entrys for HD 530 can you find here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/

Also boot un verbose mode ( boot argument -v ) and make a photo. Attach it!

One question: Have you created your bootable USB stick with Unibeast or with RehabMans Clover guide?

Hello

I have this same computer piece by piece and I am happy, I would like to know if you have updated the version of MAC OSX El Capitan 10.11.4 to any of the latest versions

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
That is added, I'm using the Clover NVRAM emulator, as I'm not sure that our Motherboard supports saving the NVRAM
I've followed your guide (thanks for it!!!) with sierra 10.12.4 all seems work but I've problems with Nvram.
Our Gigabyte 100 Series motherboards don't have native Nvram
Native NVRAM Available?
so we must use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts to boot volume, but I can't change clover themes and "last booted volume" don't work!
Have you the same issue or can you suggest me a solution?

Last edited:
Hi iltenente,
Not sure, but I don't believe Clover Themes and Last Booted Volume are managed by Nvram.
Does your Nvidia Web Driver remain after a restart?
Have you tried updating Clover?

Quote from Clover Wiki:
Theme
The design of the GUI depends on the chosen theme, which is set using:
<key>Theme</key>
<string>metal</string>
Additionally you can set the theme in the preference panel. This setting overrides the one in the configuration file. In case an invalid theme name is used here (no theme.plist exists at the given path), then the configuration file setting is used again. If even here the theme name is invalid, then you will be greeted with an ugly fallback theme that will still be operational.

DefaultVolume
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
DefaultVolume is used to specify which entry is the default boot entry in Clover GUI. See also DefaultLoader. It can be set to:
  • Volume Name - The name of the volume. E.g. Macintosh.
  • GUID - Globally Unique ID of the volume shown in Clover's boot, preboot or debug log. E.g. 57272A5A-7EFE-4404-9CDA-C33761D0DB3C.
  • Part of Device Path - Also shown in Clover's logs. E.g. HD(1,GPT,57272A5A-7EFE-4404-9CDA-C33761D0DB3C,0x800,0xFF000).
  • LastBootedVolume - The last booted volume will be set as default one in Clover GUI.
OS X Startup Disk can be used to reboot into another volume, but for the following reboot DefaultVolume will be used again.

Also, you could try to inspect your bootlog.log file and an nvram -p terminal output.

Hi iltenente,
Not sure, but I don't believe Clover Themes and Last Booted Volume are managed by Nvram.
Does your Nvidia Web Driver remain after a restart?
Have you tried updating Clover?
Yes it remains.
I've the last Clover.

I tried to change Themes using Clover Configurator (NVRAM Tool) but I only see the embedded one and I can't load another one.
In my other hackintosh with Gigabyte 90 series motherboard I can change theme and Last booted volume work.

Yes it remains.
I've the last Clover.

I tried to change Themes using Clover Configurator (NVRAM Tool) but I only see the embedded one and I can't load another one.
In my other hackintosh with Gigabyte 90 series motherboard I can change theme and Last booted volume work.

Attach Clover folder removing Themes ZIP attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back