Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. 6 month ago i followed this guide and mounted my hackin, working nice.
But some weeks ago my mobo goes dead and the shop replaced me with another in warranty.
So, i mounted all again, with the same cables on the same connectors, and set up the bios with the options of the guide, but when the system starts, always i get prohibited sign.

When i boot in verbose mode, the screen stucks in diferent lines every time...... I attach screens.....

What can be wrong, if the unique thing changed was the mobo, and i set up the config required? Maybe something is changed in the guide? Id anyone can help me i appreciate, thanks.

Hi, today i discovered a new thing.... I see, in verbose mode, when the system shows the prohibited signs, all the info text show crappy, and always always add a final line, i can read

"Waiting for root device "

I tried changing the sata por of my os x installed HD. Safe mode, with out caches..... I try to boot trough a install media usb with clover and, the say always the same...... :/

I tried to remove the WiFi card, and the video card (enabling integrated on bios, and tried to check inject Intel in clover, removing nvd_drv 1 boot Flag etc... ) without luck.

Hey thanks to all for the huge help!

Today finally i can get acces to the system, but only with a New clover usb install and a basic config...

I created a New install usb with updated clover, and copied inside the kexts and drivers of the initial post, but still showing the error "waiting for root device"
So i removed all kexts, dsdts and config. Plist, and i put only updated Fakesmc and usbinjectall, and copied a basic config. Plist from the" skylake starter guide 10.11.0-10.11.3" thread(my osx version is 10.11.3) and system can boot from this usb clover.

Anyone can know what is wrong with my old configuration, (the configuration of this post, working from 6 month ago), if maybe its a kext, or something of the config.plist its making the "Waiting for root device" issue after replacing the motherboard?

Maybe @crnd can give me some hint about it to continue working to boot the system as usual....?

Your guide is perfect. Took me one afternoon to set up working hosX with all needed features. Still got one problem I do not know how to fix. My mouse (standard cabled mouse) is acting erratic. Sometimes double-clicks too often, sometimes drops things while dragging and all the time moves with "random seed" - like some noise added to move coordinates. I have replaced mouse, but it changed nothing. Both mouses are OK on other computers. Still waiting for wifi/bt card delivery so I can not switch to Magic Mouse. What component/kext should I try to replace/fix to solve this problem?

Regards

Your guide is perfect. Took me one afternoon to set up working hosX with all needed features. Still got one problem I do not know how to fix. My mouse (standard cabled mouse) is acting erratic. Sometimes double-clicks too often, sometimes drops things while dragging and all the time moves with "random seed" - like some noise added to move coordinates. I have replaced mouse, but it changed nothing. Both mouses are OK on other computers. Still waiting for wifi/bt card delivery so I can not switch to Magic Mouse. What component/kext should I try to replace/fix to solve this problem?

Regards
I have usb mouse without problem, without any especial Kext. Where you have it connected? Best is to have it on the back usb 2.0 ports, below the ps2 connector.

As a temporary workaround, if you have a ps2 mouse you can add the voodoops2. Kext by Rehabman and it works with it.

What WiFi /bt card you buyed? I have a azurewave ch 123 and was a nightmare to get it workin... M

And being honest USB mouse works, but it fails once per 20 clicks. I am "old" designer working a lot in PS, AI etc. Cursor is moving "in direction" but not in straight line. Diverting left right/south north from time to time. Like drunken fist. Annoying. No way to draw straight line. No way, to be efficient. Same device works perfect on my MBP Retina 2012.

And being honest USB mouse works, but it fails once per 20 clicks. I am "old" designer working a lot in PS, AI etc. Cursor is moving "in direction" but not in straight line. Diverting left right/south north from time to time. Like drunken fist. Annoying. No way to draw straight line. No way, to be efficient. Same device works perfect on my MBP Retina 2012.
I dont have any of this issues with my usb mouse,and no idea about what can be happening.....
I see your mouse work nice with your mbp,and this i go to say isn't logical, but only for test, you can try another mouse in the hackintosh?

I dont have any of this issues with my usb mouse,and no idea about what can be happening.....
I see your mouse work nice with your mbp,and this i go to say isn't logical, but only for test, you can try another mouse in the hackintosh?
I have tried two, maybe I can find another one in one of my "unused stuff" boxes but I bet it will act similar.
Regards

Tried every hole in my new computer. No luck. PS/2 mouse, I remember Microsoft Intellimouse with PS/2 connector. With ball. It was 20 years ago :)
I have ordered this genuine fake wifi card: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BCM...32494574285.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.fp2moM
It was advised by happy user. 20 days of waiting for BT :-/

What is a the difference between this and that? ( than the price, and Ac WiFi)
https://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/2054147349.html

I have coverage problems with the BT of my azurewave aw - 123 - ch and want to buy a native card to try if it works better....

I'm getting this kernel panic message with my usb boot stick on an El Cap install with this UD3 Ultra mobo
"waiting on root device" and "createports: ports limit reached"

anyone have any ideas about fixing this? It seems to have to do with enabling the usb ports in order to complete the install routine - which I can't figure out how to do without a working install - which I can't get done because of this error.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back