Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on ASRock Z170M Pro4S

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Going Bald, Managed to Install Windows 10 off of USB Thumbdrive created with Rufus.
Unsure why but MediaCreationTool wouldn't find my Thumbdrive on work computer...
Followed your Multiboot guide after this, which was a blinding successful!
I now have a stable El Cap/Win 10 Hackintosh online!! Wooo

Thank you very much for your help - you truely are a credit to this community!

I would save yourself a headache and just do complete install without gfx card installed.
Once OSX is online you can install nvidia drivers and multibeast, shutdown, then install gfx card and reboot.

Good Luck!

Hey thanks, I got it all working now.. my biggest issue was the stupid kernel panic and it was because i didn't disable the super io config.. and as for the video card i left it in and it booted to OSX 10.11.6 and even installed fine but with it not working in quartz etc.. and when i got in to osx i loaded the drivers it loaded and now works perfectly.

I've been trying to get El Capitan working on this motherboard. I tried following assduff's instructions, and I had all kinds of trouble getting it to boot. I eventually started over and just used the standard guide, not doing anything with Clover Configurator, and that actually worked fine for getting OSX installed. However, getting Ethernet working, and my GTX 970 card, has proved difficult. [Edit: Graphics card now works; I switched from iMac 17,1 to iMac 14,2 in SMBIOS]

After a lot of trial and error I've gotten it to the point where it consistently boots, and I've attached my config.plist file. I've installed the IntelMausiEthernet.kext via Multibeast and KextBeast, and nothing seems to help. I'm getting the error "Ethernet [IntelMausi]: Failed to get adapter data with error -2." I will keep trying to figure out what is going on, but hoped maybe someone knew what this might mean.

[FIXED: As far as the graphics card, when I booted with nvda_drv=1, the screen was going blank near the end of the boot sequence. It appeared that it was booting, and was just not displaying anything. I switched from identifying as iMac 17,1 to iMac 14,2 in SMBIOS, and this appears to have fixed the problem. The iMac 14,2 has an NVIDIA card, so I guess that makes a difference]

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Just to update, I replaced my motherboard, and that fixed the problem I was having with my ethernet. I found at least one other person in the forums who had the same error message, and determined that it was a hardware problem. I did a slight upgrade to the Z170M Extreme in the process. All is good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back