Required software (Mostly available on tonymacx86):

UniBeast

MultiBeast

Nvidia Drivers (Optional)

Clover Configurator

KextBeast

IntelMausiDriver.kext

Run Unibeast and install it on your USB Drive

Once done, mount the EFI partition with Clover Configurator and open the config.plist file.

In Boot, check -v, dart=0, nv_disable=1 (if you are using a Nvidia card), kext-dev-mode=1, ncpi=0x2000 and add UseKernelCache=No and PCIRootUID=1

Go to SMBIOS and pic Mac Pro 3,1

Save and run the installer on your PC

Once you get OSX installed after formatting the disk in Disk Utility, you will notice ethernet fails to work.

Run MultiBeast as usual; select UEFI Boot Mode, 100 Series Audio, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, Increase Max Port Limit and Build.

Before shutting down, you can run the Nvidia Web Drivers and then edit your config.plist to have nvda_drv=1, kext-dev-mode=1, dart=0 and -v to diagnose any possible issue.

Launch OSX and come to find that the ethernet still isn’t working.

To fix this, download IntelMausiEthernet.kext and install it using kextBeast.

Everything should be Fixed!

Required software (Mostly available on tonymacx86):

UniBeast

MultiBeast

Nvidia Drivers (Optional)

Clover Configurator

KextBeast

IntelMausiDriver.kext

Run Unibeast and install it on your USB Drive

Once done, mount the EFI partition with Clover Configurator and open the config.plist file.

In Boot, check -v, dart=0, nv_disable=1 (if you are using a Nvidia card), kext-dev-mode=1, ncpi=0x2000 and add UseKernelCache=No and PCIRootUID=1

Go to SMBIOS and pic Mac Pro 3,1

Save and run the installer on your PC

Once you get OSX installed after formatting the disk in Disk Utility, you will notice ethernet fails to work.

Run MultiBeast as usual; select UEFI Boot Mode, 100 Series Audio, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, Increase Max Port Limit and Build.

Before shutting down, you can run the Nvidia Web Drivers and then edit your config.plist to have nvda_drv=1, kext-dev-mode=1, dart=0 and -v to diagnose any possible issue.

Launch OSX and come to find that the ethernet still isn’t working.

To fix this, download IntelMausiEthernet.kext and install it using kextBeast.

Everything should be Fixed!
Thank you!!
Can you post your config.plist file here please?

I will be doing a fresh build next week with this motherboard, thank you in advance for uploading this guide!

I have tested these same instructions on the Public Beta of macOS Sierra and everything is functional. Only difference is that the SMBIOS used was iMac 12,1.

The Plist uploaded below is the one I used on my bootable drive. After using multi beast and the Nvidia web drivers, yours will look different.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 318
Hi Assduff,

Thanks again for your input on this motherboard.
I have finally got around to the build but i'm having issues with OSX install (first time noob here).

I followed your first instructions for a stable El Capitan Build - 1. Unibeast 2. Clover Config Mount + Added Boot Flags + SMBIOS Mac Pro 3,1

On boot from USB Stick, after Clover menu, I get a drop in verbose mode before hitting OSX installer.

The only thing I can think of is that I haven't configured BIOS Correctly.
Did you use anything particular settings?

I have followed TonyMacX86 El Capitan Guide for correct settings but this mobo doesn't seem to have all the same as he suggests (no CFG-Lock, no setting of OS to Other, no IO Serial Port, no XHCI Handoff).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you in advance!

Update:
On further plundering internet forums I found some useful info on the correct BIOS setup.
After following it I followed Assduffs' guide and successfully install OSX! Woooo!
Assduff have you ever used your hackintosh on a TV instead of a monitor, I'm having this lame Overscan that I can only "fixed Underscan" back as the usual slider isn't available. Any ideas?

Update:
On further plundering internet forums I found some useful info on the correct BIOS setup.
After following it I followed Assduffs' guide and successfully install OSX! Woooo!
Assduff have you ever used your hackintosh on a TV instead of a monitor, I'm having this lame Overscan that I can only "fixed Underscan" back as the usual slider isn't available. Any ideas?

Hi Could u please post what settings you did in the bios please i am having kernel panics.. at the moment with this also.. when u boot via usb do u get some wired Chinese writing on the top two options >??

Hi Elite2k,

I do also see wired Chinese writing on the top two options. Does your look like the attached image?
Not sure why it is there or what it means for the setup of the system.

Make sure you update your BIOS first! I did this by connecting ethernet cabling and updating through BIOS itself.
The BIOS settings I used are:
CPU Configuration:
CFG Lock: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled

Chipset Configuration:
VT-d: Disabled

Super IO Configurations:
Serial Port: Disabled

USB Configuration:
Legacy USB Support: Enabled
XHCI Hand-off: Enabled

Security:
Secure Boot: Disabled
Intel Platform Trust Technology: Disabled

Boot:
Fast Boot Disabled:

Anything I have missed out is because it is the same as default BIOS settings.

Let me know how it goes for you!

Attachments

• IMG_4786.JPG
    IMG_4786.JPG
    593.8 KB · Views: 339
Hi Elite2k,

I do also see wired Chinese writing on the top two options. Does your look like the attached image?
Not sure why it is there or what it means for the setup of the system.

Make sure you update your BIOS first! I did this by connecting ethernet cabling and updating through BIOS itself.
The BIOS settings I used are:
CPU Configuration:
CFG Lock: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled

Chipset Configuration:
VT-d: Disabled

Super IO Configurations:
Serial Port: Disabled

USB Configuration:
Legacy USB Support: Enabled
XHCI Hand-off: Enabled

Security:
Secure Boot: Disabled
Intel Platform Trust Technology: Disabled

Boot:
Fast Boot Disabled:

Anything I have missed out is because it is the same as default BIOS settings.

Let me know how it goes for you!

Hi, thanks for the reply and yes mine looks like that with the same characters on the top.. i even re flased the bios but they still remain. However I finally got the OS booting my issue was not disabling "Super IO Configurations:
Serial Port: Disabled" now I have to see why i am getting a black screen via 750ti.. I am going to change my smbios will report back :D

Thanks for your help

I would save yourself a headache and just do complete install without gfx card installed.
Once OSX is online you can install nvidia drivers and multibeast, shutdown, then install gfx card and reboot.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back