Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have everything working now, too, on my Acer S-391. For me, it's a perfect MB Air, great hackintosh machine.

Special thanks goes to Rehabman, who has always answered my doubts. Thanks, too, to @berkcankaracaa61 We together got this done, step by step!

More thanks to Metalcored00d, Crunchie and all the others!

I'm sooo happy, and I've learnt so much (never patched SSDT/DSDTs, for example) :)

As the final dot, I post my own and last config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.5 KB · Views: 297
Your DSDT and mine are nearly identical! Only two differences, I attach them as thumbnail images.

View attachment 256282
View attachment 256283

If you want a good WIFI, I think we have an internal mini-PCIe WIFI card inside of our computer.
A great option is buying an Atheros AR5B91 (it's mini-PCIe), it's detected out-of-the-box and it usually costs about 3-5 dollars (eBay). I have two of them inside of my old Acers Aspire 5315 and 5715z, with Sierra 10.12.4, and work perfectly.
Another option is keeping the track to the thread you have found where the developers are working on the Atheros kexts. Maybe in some days we'll have a better kext.

Of course, this machine *is* a macbook air 5,2.
I have recently bought it (second hand, irrisory price) to run *only* macOS Sierra. The seller told me: "I'm selling this machine because I have bought a Macbook Air and I'm not using this Windows computer anymore" :)
I hope We get a better kext, because I know that WiFi card of this device can not be changed. So it's soldered to the motherboard. I bought this device just because it is compatible with OSX too :). Good to sell to you.
Hope we find a solution for WiFi and everything is much more flawless :)

Last edited:
I hope We get a better kext, because I know that WiFi card of this device can not be changed. So it's soldered to the motherboard. I bought this device just because it is compatible with OSX too :). Good to sell to you.
Hope we find a solution for WiFi and everything is much more flawless :)
I didn't realise it was soldered when I opened the S3 the other day to check if I could install a second HDD inside of it.
Another option is buying a wi-fi nano usb adapter, like the Edimax EW-7811UN, also called N 150. It costs about 9 dollars. It comes with software that works with Sierra, although it seemed to me it was not very fast when I checked it with a Lenovo U330.

I hope wi-fi will be improved during the next days, too.

Check this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wifi-ssd-combo-card-replacement-in-acer-aspire-s3-391.135711/

I didn't realise it was soldered when I opened the S3 the other day to check if I could install a second HDD inside of it.
Another option is buying a wi-fi nano usb adapter, like the Edimax EW-7811UN, also called N 150. It costs about 9 dollars. It comes with software that works with Sierra, although it seemed to me it was not very fast when I checked it with a Lenovo U330.

I hope wi-fi will be improved during the next days, too.

Check this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wifi-ssd-combo-card-replacement-in-acer-aspire-s3-391.135711/

Believe me nano usb is not a good idea. I used nano usb before using the device's own WiFi card, but it is very problematic because it works with a third party application. Even with kext we use it is much more stable than nano USB.
It's great to use the device's WiFi card as an AirPort. Hope will improve over time.

Believe me nano usb is not a good idea. I used nano usb before using the device's own WiFi card, but it is very problematic because it works with a third party application. Even with kext we use it is much more stable than nano USB.
It's great to use the device's WiFi card as an AirPort. Hope will improve over time.
You have all the reason, I finally removed the N150 from the Lenovo and gave it back to Amazon, v5 is more stable than that. Thanks for your feedback. Maybe the kext is not perfect, but that's the best we have at the moment.

You have all the reason, I finally removed the N150 from the Lenovo and gave it back to Amazon, v5 is more stable than that. Thanks for your feedback. Maybe the kext is not perfect, but that's the best we have at the moment.
Absolutely I agree. I'm wondering is there anything Rehabman can do about wifi kext? @RehabMan

Hello,
You need three things:
1- SSDT-PNLF.aml here: /EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched
2- AppleBacklightInjector.kext here: /Library/Extensions
3- AppleBacklight patch in /EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch

This is the patch:
Code:
<dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBack</string>
                                <key>Disabled</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight</string>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>RiV1VCUwNHgA</data>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>RiV1VHh4eHgA</data>
                        </dict>

4- DSDT.aml with GFX0 changed to IGPU.

I can confirm that this totally works!

I also found a new and improved solution for audio: AppleALC.kext together with Lilu.kext
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

Lastly, I started off with Rehabman's config.plist for HD3000 on a 7-series laptop and tweaked it to my taste:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back