Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS13-9360 (2016) Sierra-10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your config.plist seems wrong (missing FakeID required for Kaby Lake graphics...)

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Here it is Rehabman :)

Btw maybe you know why, I have errors when I open the DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl file. some syntax errors any idea what is causing this?

4167, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF, expecting PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN or ','
4171, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN
10549, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

thanks in advance ;)

P.S. you said:

"Your config.plist seems wrong (missing FakeID required for Kaby Lake graphics...)" When I enter the intelgfx FakeID (0x19168086) I get a kernel error. Do I need another FakeID?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Here it is Rehabman :)

Btw maybe you know why, I have errors when I open the DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl file. some syntax errors any idea what is causing this?

4167, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF, expecting PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN or ','
4171, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN
10549, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

This has come up before (it is an iasl disassembler bug). Fix is simple/obvious edit:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._RW, ECRW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
                    Store (Zero, ECRW) If (PM0H)
                            {
                                CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, F0LN)  // _LEN: Length
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }
                }

Other bugs will be fixed by commenting out the External line for the symbol in question.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 214
Here you go

My guess is that DVMT-prealloc is not set correctly.
If you're trying to use the minStolenSize patch, keep in mind for KextsToPatch to be effective, you must first get the kext into cache. Boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678), then rebuild cache, then reboot normally.
Using a FakeID is a mistake in this case as it will drop the kext out of cache.

If you're trying to use the minStolenSize patch, keep in mind for KextsToPatch to be effective, you must first get the kext into cache. Boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678), then rebuild cache, then reboot normally.

Well I did not change the DVMT-prealloc to 64 mb, so maybe thats it?

And I do have one error left in the DSDT.dsl file I can't get out. Could you please look ?

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 150

Still no success, what I did:

1. I booted into Sierra with FakeID (0x12345678) with the minStolenSize patch.
2. Then I rebuild the cache with Kext Wizard
3. Changed FakeID into (0x19168086), also tried a second time without and FakeID.
4. Rebooted
5. Again the same error :(

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Did I do something wrong?

Yes.

I quite clearly told you NOT to use an invalid FakeID.
Use an invalid ig-platform-id, but DO NOT use an invalid FakeID (use only the correct Skylake FakeID).

Read post #35. Carefully.

Maybe Toshiba NVMe not supported?

Note: EFI/Clover/kexts is wrong. You're double injecting HackrNVMeFamily because you have it both in 10.12 and Other. All kexts should be in Clover/kexts/Other and the version specific directories should be removed.
I've tried just now,but do not work.
This nvme model should be the same model as fv316's,and darkhands did installed mac os in it:https://github.com/darkhandz/XPS15-9550-Sierra
May there be anything wrong with XDSM?
I'm using in my config.plist:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename _DSM to XDSM</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
X0RTTQ==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
WERTTQ==
</data>
Also I've installed mac os in a usb disk.With the same clover in another usb disk I'm always using to boot.
I've tried to mannually load kext.But donot work too.
I've export ioreg,and attach it below.Seems like the RP09@4 device treated as a pci io device and no hackrnvmefamily device was found while I did mannually load kext.
Please help to have a look!
Thanks a lot for helping!

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    57.4 KB · Views: 227
  • preboot.log.txt
    78.4 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back