Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS13-9360 (2016) Sierra-10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right! Thank you so much dude!
Seems like we are very close to sovle the problem.
But I'm still puzzled at how to include the SSDT-NVme-Pcc.aml in SortedOrder?
Would you please give some help?
Thanks!

hi, thank for you reply.
I try to change the dvmt on my Laptop, But the max value of it is 64M, then what dvmt shoud i set?
I'm poor English, sorry.

DVMT.png

Seems like we are very close to sovle the problem.
But I'm still puzzled at how to include the SSDT-NVme-Pcc.aml in SortedOrder?
Would you please give some help?
Thanks!

For the moment, I've just installed macOS, I'll make some tests and write you back.

Got it working here =)

Same specs, only my screen is QHD+, 3200x1800 and I swapped the NVMe Toshiba SSD to the Samsung 850 EVO SSD. (Wanted more space, and NVMe SSD are still pretty expensive)

I didn't set DVMT-prealloc to 64MB, not sure if that is needed on a Kaby Lake processor?
Also the brightness keys just work on my XPS13 9360 (OOTB)

I do however have some issues:

- Lockscreen/loginscreen turns out to be grey
- Massive performance drop and screen flickering, when opening Launchpad (and some other apps)
- Also I can't change the screen resolution
- Speakers do crackle sometimes (not loud though)

Does someone has these problems too, and have an idea how to fix these?

Posted my clover folder, could be helpful for others.

Thanks all! love this community

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 178
Although good practice to remove them just to avoid confusion, it is not strictly necessary to remove them. The patches are for IONVMeFamily.kext, which will simply not be loading after the class-code inject is working... (it won't match against the spoofed class-code).
So,my encountering of "applenvme assert failed" should be wrong?applenvme driver shouldn't be loaded?
I've tried sachaaaz's SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml and HackrNVMeFamily.kext,but still no luck.According to DSDT editor.He has excactly the same ssd device path of mine.Still got applenvme assert failed prompt.
Very puzzled!

image and clover.zip with spoof are uploaded here
nvme.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 98
  • SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml
    134 bytes · Views: 224
Last edited:
Got it working here =)

Same specs, only my screen is QHD+, 3200x1800 and I swapped the NVMe Toshiba SSD to the Samsung 850 EVO SSD. (Wanted more space, and NVMe SSD are still pretty expensive)

I didn't set DVMT-prealloc to 64MB, not sure if that is needed on a Kaby Lake processor?
Also the brightness keys just work on my XPS13 9360 (OOTB)

I do however have some issues:

- Lockscreen/loginscreen turns out to be grey
- Massive performance drop and screen flickering, when opening Launchpad (and some other apps)
- Also I can't change the screen resolution
- Speakers do crackle sometimes (not loud though)

Does someone has these problems too, and have an idea how to fix these?

Posted my clover folder, could be helpful for others.

Thanks all! love this community

Your config.plist seems wrong (missing FakeID required for Kaby Lake graphics...)

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

So,my encountering of "applenvme assert failed" should be wrong?applenvme driver shouldn't be loaded?
I've tried sachaaaz's SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml and HackrNVMeFamily.kext,but still no luck.According to DSDT editor.He has excactly the same ssd device path of mine.Still got applenvme assert failed prompt.
Very puzzled!

image and clover.zip with spoof are uploaded here
View attachment 231347

Maybe Toshiba NVMe not supported?

Note: EFI/Clover/kexts is wrong. You're double injecting HackrNVMeFamily because you have it both in 10.12 and Other. All kexts should be in Clover/kexts/Other and the version specific directories should be removed.

hi, thank for you reply.
I try to change the dvmt on my Laptop, But the max value of it is 64M, then what dvmt shoud i set?
I'm poor English, sorry.

View attachment 231327

64MB should work fine and is likely the default (most Kaby Lake laptops have so far had it set 64mb as default).

I can confirm that my Toshiba NVMe is working fine, here is my Clover install folder.

Next step: Killer Wireless :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 259
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back