Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Ventura OpenCore

I don't want to hijack @InsaneCultist's thread with Sonoma stuff. If I have his permission and mods allow it, then I can share what I did.
Please feel free to take any info here for a Sonoma guide - I will definitely be keeping this machine on Ventura for the foreseeable future, since it is my main machine now.

I upgraded to Sonoma yessterday and appears to be working correctly so far. I will have to test some more to check the reliability.
Wow, How is it going? is it stable, working ok?
I tried also but is hanging in the middle of booting, How about yours?

I had disabled FireVault prior to upgrading. Now when I try to enable it again from Preferences, it says that the password is incorrect. I'm trying to solve this right now. Once I figure it out, I'll post a guide on how I upgraded.

@InsaneCultist and everyone, thanks so much for much for this guide and discussion. I just did the job with my XPS 9560 and DW1560 card applying the latest BrcmPatchRAM Kexts. Everything works except Airdrop which only works one way Iphone -> XPS. XPS can find but cannot transfer files to my Iphone or any other real Apple devices (macair, ipad etc.) . If I want to airdrop a photo from XPS to IPhone A, I will have to find another IPhone B to airdrop something to IPhone A (not accept, just wait, to enable some kind of recipient mode I guess), then XPS can airdrop the photo to IPhone A. This is my primary machine. Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Both 13.3.1 and 13.6 have the same issue.

Last edited:
I can replicate the issue on my end as well both with this machine and my XPS 9360, indicating it's likely a larger issue than just this machine. Both have DW1560. I am afraid I'm not much help here, though. It may be prudent to open an issue in the Acidanthera bugtracker if this feature is important to you.

hi guys
i m on opencore boot picker window....how can I reach the off icon tab or the other beside, in the low part of screen? with arrows keys it is only possible navigate in the OS icons to start......

can anyone help me to understand?

Press the Tab key.

Back