Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i upgraded from 10.15.1 to 10.15.4, and it went smoothly (upgraded Clover and Kext files beforehand). 2 things i noticed that isn't working on mine.

1. The trackpad on the laptop, gestures (2 finger, 3 finger, ..etc) don't work. BUT i have the Magic Trackpad 2 and the gestures work. Thoughts?

2. HDMI isn't working. I boot up with it plugged in and the system doesn't recognize it, I unplug it (with system on) and it reboots. I have tried plugging it in after the system fully powers on, and nothing.

So far that is the only problems i have encountered. Any help would be great and appreciated.

UPDATE: So i changed the model # from a Macbook 14,3 to Macbook 9,1 and now my HDMI is working but my Bluetooth stopped lol arrrgggg

UPDATE#2: So after changing the model #'s a few times i went back to 14,3 and everything is working as should be :) WEIRD!!!!

Last edited:
Ok guys i am pulling out all my hair here. After getting the the update installed on my Hackintosh everything is working great except iMessages and Facetime. I have gone through every guide with changing out SBIOS and such. and nothing. Still getting error when trying to log in. imessage debugger doesnt tell me anything. Getting so frustrated.

the only thing I cannot get to work is the Airplay. Does anyone have a lead?

So i upgraded from 10.15.1 to 10.15.4, and it went smoothly (upgraded Clover and Kext files beforehand). 2 things i noticed that isn't working on mine.

1. The trackpad on the laptop, gestures (2 finger, 3 finger, ..etc) don't work. BUT i have the Magic Trackpad 2 and the gestures work. Thoughts?

2. HDMI isn't working. I boot up with it plugged in and the system doesn't recognize it, I unplug it (with system on) and it reboots. I have tried plugging it in after the system fully powers on, and nothing.

So far that is the only problems i have encountered. Any help would be great and appreciated.

UPDATE: So i changed the model # from a Macbook 14,3 to Macbook 9,1 and now my HDMI is working but my Bluetooth stopped lol arrrgggg

UPDATE#2: So after changing the model #'s a few times i went back to 14,3 and everything is working as should be :) WEIRD!!!!
Hello , I saw that you have DISABLED 1050 . Do I need to turn off it manually ? And what about your battery life ?

Hello , I saw that you have DISABLED 1050 . Do I need to turn off it manually ? And what about your battery life ?
No you dont need to disable it. It will not be recognized by the OS. I need to update my signature to remove that. sorry

So this past weekend after messing with my laptop for a few hours i decided to reinstall fresh. So i reinstalled and everything is working great except HDMI. I have a secondary monitor plugged the HDMI port and it works great when turned on. If my laptop goes to sleep and i wake it up the HDMI monitor is dead. Sometimes i can unplug and replug and it works but other times it needs a complete reboot. Any ideas?

Not sure if I am alone but my USB-C port seems to be restricted to 480 mb/s.

The system shows the port as a USB 3.1 bus and that seems fine but whenever I connect a device, MacOs shows that the connected device speed is limited to 480 mb/s.

I have tried with the Dell WD15 USB-C dock, and 2 different USB-C ethernet dongles. All connected devices show the same speed limit.

Screenshots:

USB 3.1 Bus

3.1 Bus.png

Dell DW15 Dock

USB C Dock Fail.png

USB-C Ethernet Adaptors

USB C Amazon Fail.png

Ethernet works just fine through one of the two, USB-A 3.0 ports, so it's not an end-of-the-world issue.

Via USB C, the network transfer speed was capped at ~43 MB/s. Through USB A, it allows full 113 MB/s transfer speed.

I'm guessing that either the USB mapping is a little off or perhaps it's the USB C SSDT, which is causing issues but it's a total guess and I haven't had time to check fully. I tried installing the Realtek driver but it didn't help.

USB A Working Ethernet:

USB A Works.png

Does anyone have any immediate ideas as to what might be the issue?

Hoping that you are all safe and healthy and wishing you all a great week.

OK so everything was working great for the last 7 days. Today my Facetime and iMessages decided to give me errors.
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 10.33.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 10.34.39 AM.png

I have done the changes in SMBios with Clover. Everything checked out. I used iMessage debugger but all it brings up is the information that i put in. It doesnt tell me if it failed or not like some people report.

My WiFi adapter is set as en0
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 10.44.19 AM.png

Any insight as to what this could be please enlighten me, this is driving me crazy

I think i am done with Hackintosh. I cannot for the life of me get iMessages and Facetime to work consistently. There is no way to tell me what is actually causing my problem. Oh well it was fun while it lasted

I have both facetime and iMessage working for over 2 years now and they work flawlessly. You can with my EFI folder, just put it on a USB and boot with it instead.

Also, can you install DPCIManager and check if your wireless controller shows up as eno0 there.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back