Motherboard
Gigabyte z390m
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried to continue to install macOS from the SSD but it won't get forward and looped (15 minutes remaining -> reboot -> and all of that are circled).
1.I've downloaded original Mojave 14.6 from AppStore and installed it to flash drive.
2. I've installed clover to the flash drive (for UEFI booting only, install clover in ESP). Should I add some other item in there?
3. I downloaded v3.4 of clover from that thread and replaced the clover folder (that I previously installed to my flash drive with that I downloaded from here, also I replaced the clover folder under EFI.
4. Changed my BIOS settings as recommended (from this thread)
5. I can reach the apple logo and progress and I get to install page (disk utility, install mac os).
6. I erase the SSD (Samsung 256gb) to guid partition and mac os journaled)
7. I press install mac os and choose the formatted SSD
8. The process go smooth.
9. After that, the system is a reboot and I've got to the run mac os from (my disk name)
10. I get to the apple logo and 15 minutes remaining
11. Loop -> every time the system reboots and I have the same experience.

I will appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Image from iOS.png
    Image from iOS.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 1.04.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 1.04.52 AM.png
    552.6 KB · Views: 42
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050/HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Why not just use the guide on the first page of this thread? There's literally 80 + pages of people who had success by using this guide...
It's basically foolproof if you follow all instructions provided.(Challenge accepted, perhaps)

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390m
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys.
I would like to ask you forgiveness. I bought new sss - samsung evo 970 plus and it works awesome. I installed Catalina with the clover provided and I’ve got a great working machine. So apologies for my mistakes. Have a nice day.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15
CPU
i7 7700HQ
Graphics
UHD 630 - GTX 1050 (Not recognized by MACOSX)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok guys i have an odd thing going on after upgrading to 10.15.2. Let's see if i can explain this right.
First of all everything was working perfectly in 10.15.1, and is currently working in my Windows 10 (Dual Boot).

The normal 130W power adapter shows plugged in on the status bar but it is NOT Charging the laptop. I thought it might be a bad power supply but I tried in Windows and it works fine. I also tried a second power supply and ii did the same. I tried a 60W USBC power supply from the 13in XPS and it works fine.

I though hmmm maybe the power cord needs to be plugged in before i start the laptop...and 1 time it actually worked, but it has only worked 1 time. I have tried various ways, plugged in a boot, not plugged in, rapidly plug it in but nothing.

Any thoughts?

Motherboard
Intel NUC NUC8I7HNK
CPU
i7-8705G
Graphics
Vega M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok guys i have an odd thing going on after upgrading to 10.15.2. Let's see if i can explain this right.
First of all everything was working perfectly in 10.15.1, and is currently working in my Windows 10 (Dual Boot).

The normal 130W power adapter shows plugged in on the status bar but it is NOT Charging the laptop. I thought it might be a bad power supply but I tried in Windows and it works fine. I also tried a second power supply and ii did the same. I tried a 60W USBC power supply from the 13in XPS and it works fine.

I though hmmm maybe the power cord needs to be plugged in before i start the laptop...and 1 time it actually worked, but it has only worked 1 time. I have tried various ways, plugged in a boot, not plugged in, rapidly plug it in but nothing.

Any thoughts?

Is it actually NOT charging the laptop or it's just the status bar that says so.

I have the same issue where both my status bar and activity monitor says it's not charging if I plug in my charger after I'm already booted into macOS but it is charging the battery regardless.

You can test it by noting down your current percentage and then leave the charged plug-ed in for few mins and then replugging it, the battery percentage should change in both activity monitor(restart app) and status bar.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 7590
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Not able to get the USB/Clover showing as a boot option in the BIOS with this guide

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Not able to get the USB/Clover showing as a boot option in the BIOS with this guide

You may have to add it manually, depending on the make and model of your USB stick. THIS GUIDE shows how to add a "DVD" option, but it is equally applicable to USB. In the 4th image, under "File System List" you'll want the one that is mounted at the USB port. You'll also need to give it a name - I typically just use "USB" for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.