Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I followed this guide and pretty much everything worked very well for me! :)
Except sleep issues, I removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and copied the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext which I downloaded in this thread in S/L/E, yet I still cant get sleeping to work.

I am in the no sound group.
I looked and My Dell 8500 has a Realtek alc3800. I can find almost no info on it other than a couple of posts at Dell that say it is used in the 8500.
Is this functionally the same as one of the other Realteks?
Are those of you who have had success using this chip?
I tried

"The AppleHDA provided in the latest Multibeast (5.0.2) works very well for the Realtek ALC 887 codec in the 8500. No crackling or hiss"

and had no luck.
Suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

Go to post 13 and 14 and see if they work. I just got it working by choosing Realtek ALC887 v100302 in MultiBeast.

Hi, I'm new in this site and in the Hackintosh world, I own a MacBook Pro and yesterday I've received my new Dell XPS 8500, I've managed to install 10.8.2 but that's it, I cannot install the audio Wifi and other stuff, I'm even having a hard time to make work the HDMI port (Intel HD 4000). I have no idea what am doing wrong, I follow step by step the guide but nothing happened, Is there any guide to install Multibeast on he XPS? I really appreciate the help in advance.

RE: 10.8.2 Update
Thanks everyone, this thread has been invaluable in my first forray into the Hackintosh world, but...

I have tried multiple time to interpret the various threads regarding updating my XPS 8500 to ML 10.8.2
No luck no matter what. Though its probably my fault as I am only a newb in the hackintosh world.

It seems that it should be fairly easy according to those of you with success My problem seems to hinge on the "rollback of the ACPIPlatform.kext" part.

Could someone please, explain to newbies like me what this means and explicit instructions on how to do it. In the proper order.

For that matter, a step-by-step guide about the whole process would be greatly appreciated! Rather than trying to piece together multiple opinions and attempts.

I'm running 10.8.1 fine on the XPS 8500. Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti. But cant update FCP & other programs until I update the Mac OS to 10.8.2

Hi Folks,

I have an Dell XPS 8500 with Intel i5 CPU and an unsupported Radeon 7650 Graphics Card. I´d tried to install ML, but the Intel 2500HD Graphics will only work in 1024x768. So I need a new and "unexpensive" Graphics Card for my ML experience.

I don´t need Gaming, just using the Dell for Office and Internet-Work as well. Which card should I buy, that will work oob with 10.8.2?

Regards,

Michael

Hi Folks,

I have an Dell XPS 8500 with Intel i5 CPU and an unsupported Radeon 7650 Graphics Card. I´d tried to install ML, but the Intel 2500HD Graphics will only work in 1024x768. So I need a new and "unexpensive" Graphics Card for my ML experience.

I don´t need Gaming, just using the Dell for Office and Internet-Work as well. Which card should I buy, that will work oob with 10.8.2?

Regards,

Michael

I have a similar problem except I can't get the machine to use the HD graphics at all, instead managed to boot once with GraphicsEnabler=No -x Once doing this multi beast would keep bringing up the 'installation failed' message. I thought id try give it a reboot and now the system wont boot at all and hangs at either [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Any ideas? Getting extremely frustrated here.

@james

Try to install with Graphics Card removed from the System and with a max. of 4 GB of RAM.
This should work.

BTW: I'd got the 2500HD working a Bit, by Setting the Resolution to HD. This will bring a Resolution of 1280x1024, but with a poor Framerate. This will be ok, until I get an interesting Löw cost Graphics Card, that will work Out of the Box.

Hmmm I get no signal from the built in graphics(none in windows either), is there a setting ive missed in the bios?
When booting in -v the boot always hangs at either audio (which are turned off in the bios) or Bluetooth (which doesnt have a bios option):beachball:

Cheers James

Hi,

try to rest the BIOS to the Default Settings. Then remove any Hardware from the System, which is not needed. That means any kind of USB-Hardware, including Webcams or something like that. Also remove the Graphics Card and any RAM above 4 GB. Then you should have the same minimalistic System as I have, because of the CPU. Plug in your TFT to the HDMI Port (I´ve also used VGA as well) and startup from the prepared USB Stick, insert to an USB 2.0 Port. That should work. If not, I concern that there is something wrong with the Software on the Stick and you should try to re-create the Image.

Regards,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back