Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

For anyone reading this thread I have added USBInjectAll.kext to both downloads in the main post. Hopefully this will fix most issues people are having. When I get more time I will try to go back again and implement any other optimizations or potential fixes given in this thread.
Yes this is smart. My USB ports weren't working prior to adding USBInjectAll.kext.

There are issues with the headphone jack in case you didn't know, FYI. RehabMan posted the solution but I haven't tried to implement it yet.

CodecCommander.kext + SSDT-ALC298.aml or SSDT-ALC298a.aml (.dsl in CodecCommander repo).
Don't forget to integrate the properties from SSDT-AppleALC.dsl.
Ok so I have it half-solved? Both jack and internal speakers work fine after implementing both CodecCommander and ALCPlugFix. However after waking from sleep, only speakers are detected; headphone jack is not. ?? Attached PR files.

Attachments

• debug_17603.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
Ok so I have it half-solved? Both jack and internal speakers work fine after implementing both CodecCommander and ALCPlugFix. However after waking from sleep, only speakers are detected; headphone jack is not. ?? Attached PR files.

Your CodecCommander.kext is not current. Update to latest version (old versions require SSDT-AppleALC.aml when used with AppleALC.kext, the new version does not).

Your CodecCommander.kext is not current. Update to latest version (old versions require SSDT-AppleALC.aml when used with AppleALC.kext, the new version does not).
That did it. I don't know why I didn't have the latest downloaded? So odd. Anyway, that seems to have taken care of it. @acdop100 maybe this info can be used to adjust your guide's file attachments?

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 2.38.38 AM.png
OP or anyone has been using this guide's files. I'm looking for an explanation of why there's so many different fixes here for Aptio. My research before said only use one fix and EmuVariable is for emulating NVRAM.

I had a issue with my PM961 but I've figured somethings out over testing these different fixes can be seen at #10

I have not tried AptioMemoryFix(without the 64), AptioFix2Drv-64 and emulating NVRAM with EmuVariable and install RC scripts.

You guys are all using all these and everything is fine? I'm thinking of throwing them all on there but everywhere I read says do not use more than one of these fixes. It even says in the Cover installer description of them. I wonder if one fix is taking precedent of all the other fixes and makes this work or its the combination of all of them.

That did it. I don't know why I didn't have the latest downloaded? So odd. Anyway, that seems to have taken care of it. @acdop100 maybe this info can be used to adjust your guide's file attachments?

Hey @iHac2theMacs, can you share your files and config? I got mine half going but BT is missing (1830) and touch not working... thank you.

Last edited:
Hey @iHac2theMacs, can you share your files and config? I got mine half going but BT is missing (1830) and touch not working... thank you.
CLOVER folder attached and other kexts used in /L/E.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 100
  • other kexts.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back