Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed carefully the guide and this setup is working great on High Sierra!

I've used updated files provided here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-ram-100-adobergb.224486/page-40#post-1731622, made sure to use updated kexts on both Clover folder and /L/E, then followed the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...b-ram-100-adobergb.224486/page-9#post-1539760 and launched just the install script of the ComboJack installer, and everything is working great!

Headphone switch with dialog popup, hdmi, sleep/wake, webcam, mic, etc...

The ACPI patches works great! Thank you so much!

At first i've forgot to disable the legacy boot option in the Advanced settings of BIOS section, that was breaking USB/Webcam and lot of things. Just disabling that option as mentioned in first post fixed everything! Maybe it can help someone else remind to recheck BIOS settings if something is not working!:)

I recently installed 13.4 to my 9560. Got everything working besides the HDMI out.
Needed to raise the clover time out to 6 seconds to get my Thunderbolt Port recognised by OSX constantly. With times below I often had it missing.

Does anyone have a clue how to get the HDMI out working?

Attachments

• problem reporting.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 139
I recently installed 13.4 to my 9560. Got everything working besides the HDMI out.
Needed to raise the clover time out to 6 seconds to get my Thunderbolt Port recognised by OSX constantly. With times below I often had it missing.

Does anyone have a clue how to get the HDMI out working?

Check that your Lilu, IntelFixup, NvidiaFixup kexts are updated in both /L/E/ and Clover folder, i had some issues of KP and reboot on first tests, but after i updated and copied both in /L/E/ and Clover kexts folder no more issues!

I'm using the files from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-ram-100-adobergb.224486/page-40#post-1731622

NividiaFixup was the solution :). Thx a lot for the hint!

NividiaFixup was the solution :). Thx a lot for the hint!
You're welcome!:)

And what do you mean by "Needed to raise the clover time out to 6 seconds to get my Thunderbolt Port recognised by OSX constantly." ?

I've noticed that sometimes my USB C hub doesn't seems to get recognised, it's powered but ethernet and usb doesn't show up, how did you fix it?

When the machine boots you see first the bios screen with a dell logo afterwards the clover boot screen appears. My machine was supposed to boot the system automatically after 3 seconds time out, but with 3 seconds my Thunderbolt port was almost never working. After I extend the time out to 6 seconds everything is fine

When the machine boots you see first the bios screen with a dell logo afterwards the clover boot screen appears. My machine was supposed to boot the system automatically after 3 seconds time out, but with 3 seconds my Thunderbolt port was almost never working. After I extend the time out to 6 seconds everything is fine

Just noticed that i have to unplug the usb-c adapter and wait a bit after a sleep/wake cycle before replug it to get it working correctly :)

If i don't do anything (no unplug/replug) the adapter gets powered after the sleep/wake cycle but doesn't get recognized (so usb and ethernet of the adapter don't work). Just unplug it for 10 seconds and replug it does the trick.

Just updated to 10.13.5 without any issues. Just need to clear the cache to get they brightness and function keys working again.

Hi All, I have recently got the 9570 but with an i9 processor, would you all stay away from attempting with this laptop yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back