Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I've since updated my config.plist and Clover folder; it looks like the files from tgmac that I used have been updated.

I still have the same problem -- but it looks like the verbose log is different. Now it hangs on "HID: Legacy shim 2" and something about "AppleIntelLpssI2CController".

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• debug_14803.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    940.8 KB · Views: 116
I've since updated my config.plist and Clover folder; it looks like the files from tgmac that I used have been updated.

I still have the same problem -- but it looks like the verbose log is different. Now it hangs on "HID: Legacy shim 2" and something about "AppleIntelLpssI2CController".

Thank you for your help!

Why verbose boot photo attached if you're able to boot? (you attached ioreg, which implies you can boot).

If you're attempting to boot the installer, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

And if it is the Mojave installer you're attempting, you should open a separate thread in the appropriate forum (this thread is for Sierra).

Note that Mojave will require various "beta" flags for Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup/CoreDisplayFixup...

Why verbose boot photo attached if you're able to boot? (you attached ioreg, which implies you can boot).

If you're attempting to boot the installer, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

And if it is the Mojave installer you're attempting, you should open a separate thread in the appropriate forum (this thread is for Sierra).

Note that Mojave will require various "beta" flags for Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup/CoreDisplayFixup...

The problem is trying to update to 10.13. I am able to boot into my normal 10.12.6 installation. But when I try updating, following this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ using the HFS+ option, upon restart and selecting "install macOS" I run into the hangup seen in my verbose photo.

The problem is trying to update to 10.13. I am able to boot into my normal 10.12.6 installation. But when I try updating, following this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ using the HFS+ option, upon restart and selecting "install macOS" I run into the hangup seen in my verbose photo.

For booting the installer, read here:

But... I'm not using a USB. I was under the impression that if we had a working 10.12 installation we could update directly to 10.13 more or less like a normal Mac.

Are you suggesting that a Clover USB is required for updating to High Sierra? Or is a fresh install necessary, not just an update?

Due to your complex setup (hotpatch/etc) and your (apparent) lack of understanding how it works, you probably should fall back to basic USB configuration.

No, the reason I switched was because the frequency vectors supplied by the 13,3 SMBIOS seem to better match the 7700HQ frequencies than the 14,3. These are the frequencies that apple chooses to use based on the model. The 14,3 seems to have slightly too high frequency settings. This might not have an effect as the processor should ignore them but I believe 13,3 might be more stable under load because of this if it does have an effect. I didn't notice any issues with 14,3, however.
@sbeanie are you still running your 9560 Hackintosh? And if so, have you noticed that Intel Power Gadget's Frequency Reading seems to be "capped at 800mHz"? I ran the frequency vectors update a while back and Intel Power Gadget seemed to be working fine as it was showing the CPU Frequency Increasing according to load. However, after updating some kexts, the Intel Power Gadget reading seems to be capped at 800mHz.

Looking for the source folder, clover, that is intended to replace the initial generic version as referenced in the install procedure for Dell XPS 15 with 4k touch. Anybody have a good download link?

Edit: I completely overlooked the hyperlinks in signatures. That real estate is most typically used for advertising and malware, seemingly nonexistant around here. My fault for skimming. Thanks!

Last edited:
So I have a problem on Mojave beta, I suspect it relates to removal of layout-id by apple in Mojave
@KNNSpeed, you mentioned that AppleALC is modded
what do you mean by that, and what do I need to mod it myself, to make it work again?
and also you mentioned that we need to change layout-id to 72
which isn't in apple supported id's, so what should I do to change 72 to something else, or any other way to make it work.

KNNSpeed was saying that AppleALC at the time currently didn't have our codec and layout supported. It is now, so we don't need to use a modded one anymore. He notes this in his audio fix later on.

I'm not on Mojave yet, I am however on 10.3.6 and just about 5 minutes ago I had sometime to kill so I decided to update some kexts. I also lost sound so this isn't just a Mojave thing. I updated lilu to 1.25 and AppleALC to 1.3.0 also the other plugins but they worked fine.

I didn't believe that lilu was the cause so I reverted to AppleALC 1.2.8 and I got my sound back. You can try that, keep lilu 1.25, just revert AppleALC to 1.2.8. Not sure that'll work for you or not but worth a shot. Let us know how you make out, might make the jump to Mojave soon.

Oddly enough on my desktop rig, AppleALC 1.3.0 works fine.

I can't find any information about ALC3266 is supported by ApleAPC... can you?
Well for one you'd be looking for ALC298. Trust me our laptop's codec and layout is supported, it has been for like a year already. **** it, opening the plist inside the AppleALC.kext and you'll find this.
Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 3.22.08 PM.png

Like I said before I lost sound on 10.13.6, I'm not even on Mojave. I lost sound updating AppleALC to 1.3.0. I downgraded it to 1.2.8 version and my sound came back. Using lilu 1.2.5 and it's still fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back