Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is fine yes. But can't enable the wifi lol during my previous installation it worked perfectly and now can't find whats the problem lol
I have the same problem. What wifi card are you using? DW1560? I think sbeanie is using other card DW1830. we need to find kexts for DW1560 and install it via Kext Wizard to /L/E

Last edited:
I have the same problem. What wifi card are you using? DW1560? I think sbeanie is using other card DW1830. we need to find kexts for DW1560 and install it via Kext Wizard to S/L/E
Make sure that you jave latest kest version of FAKEPCIID_BROADCOM_WIFI installed =)

Make sure that you jave latest kest version of FAKEPCIID_BROADCOM_WIFI installed =)
Thank you, my wifi DW1560 is now working ... Does your headphones are ok when you play any music on them? Theres like weird distorted sound in them. Think i might try Audio fix on page 9. Also my battery status when charging got stuck at 61%. Do you use APFS or HFS?

EDIT: Ok I fixed my audio, its working correctly now.

Last edited:
Kexts should be installed in /L/E, not /S/L/E.
Lilu 1.2.2 is available on my bitbucket site.
@RehabMan thank your for your insights. I was reading an old post of your and it said to install Kexts to L/E for 10.11 (and I am guessing higher). Can you please tell me why we shouldn’t install Kexts to S/L/E? I installed my Kexts to S/L/E and it worked OK except for Voodoo not showing its shortcuts on System/Preferences

@RehabMan thank your for your insights. I was reading an old post of your and it said to install Kexts to L/E for 10.11 (and I am guessing higher). Can you please tell me why we shouldn’t install Kexts to S/L/E? I installed my Kexts to S/L/E and it worked OK except for Voodoo not showing its shortcuts on System/Preferences

Lilu.kext and others tend to work better if they are loaded/started earlier.
There is evidence to suggest that kexts in /L/E are loaded earlier.
Otherwise, you need to use LiluFriend.kext (appropriately customized).

I never install on /S/L/E unless it is 10.10 or prior.
For example, you will see code like this in my guide scripts:
Code:
SLE=/System/Library/Extensions
LE=/Library/Extensions
# extract minor version (eg. 10.9 vs. 10.10 vs. 10.11)
MINOR_VER=$([[ "$(sw_vers -productVersion)" =~ [0-9]+\.([0-9]+) ]] && echo ${BASH_REMATCH[1]})
# install to /Library/Extensions for 10.11 or greater
if [[ $MINOR_VER -ge 11 ]]; then
    KEXTDEST=$LE
else
    KEXTDEST=$SLE
fi

Besides all that, you will find it easier to discover the kexts you have installed, since there are less kexts in /L/E to begin with.

Lilu.kext and others tend to work better if they are loaded/started earlier.
There is evidence to suggest that kexts in /L/E are loaded earlier.
Otherwise, you need to use LiluFriend.kext (appropriately customized).

I never install on /S/L/E unless it is 10.10 or prior.
For example, you will see code like this in my guide scripts:
Code:
SLE=/System/Library/Extensions
LE=/Library/Extensions
# extract minor version (eg. 10.9 vs. 10.10 vs. 10.11)
MINOR_VER=$([[ "$(sw_vers -productVersion)" =~ [0-9]+\.([0-9]+) ]] && echo ${BASH_REMATCH[1]})
# install to /Library/Extensions for 10.11 or greater
if [[ $MINOR_VER -ge 11 ]]; then
    KEXTDEST=$LE
else
    KEXTDEST=$SLE
fi

Besides all that, you will find it easier to discover the kexts you have installed, since there are less kexts in /L/E to begin with.
@RehabMan Thank you very much for the reply and thorough explanation. The XPS 9560 has been my first Hackintosh project and I am enjoying it as a learning experience thanks to you, @KNNSpeed and @sbeanie. I had the 9560 running very smoothly and actually used it as a daily driver for the past few months with no stability issues.

To make a long story short, I did something idiotic (again) and am attempting a fresh install with the kexts in L/E this time around. I am following the exact same steps in this guide as I did for the previous successful install. However, I am coming up with some errors I have never encountered before when first starting to boot the USB: "Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot". I am using the files that @KNNSpeed provided in the first post, as I did for my previous successful install.

I did a search and tried some of the suggestions in the other posts with no success. Can you or anyone out there please take a look at my EFI files and recommend a course of action?

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Kane

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot of Error.JPG
    Screenshot of Error.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 164
  • High Sierra Version.png
    High Sierra Version.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 181
@ferchizzle Open Config.plist in your clover folder with clover configurator and in ACPI section->Fixes .... on second page check FixHeaders. Solved it for me.

@ferchizzle Open Config.plist in your clover folder with clover configurator and in ACPI section->Fixes .... on second page check FixHeaders. Solved it for me.
@Downey thank you very much for your suggestion. checking "FixHeaders" addressed the "MACH Reboot" issue!

The boot is stalling at a "giolockstate 3" error now. I tried checking "nv_disable = 1" with no success. Did you or anyone else encounter this issue as well?

Thanks!

Best,

Kane

EDIT: Issue resolved by checking the "disablegfxfirmware" box & checked "Inject Intel"

Last edited:
@RehabMan Thank you very much for the reply and thorough explanation. The XPS 9560 has been my first Hackintosh project and I am enjoying it as a learning experience thanks to you, @KNNSpeed and @sbeanie. I had the 9560 running very smoothly and actually used it as a daily driver for the past few months with no stability issues.

To make a long story short, I did something idiotic (again) and am attempting a fresh install with the kexts in L/E this time around. I am following the exact same steps in this guide as I did for the previous successful install. However, I am coming up with some errors I have never encountered before when first starting to boot the USB: "Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot". I am using the files that @KNNSpeed provided in the first post, as I did for my previous successful install.

I did a search and tried some of the suggestions in the other posts with no success. Can you or anyone out there please take a look at my EFI files and recommend a course of action?

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Kane
@Downey thank you very much for your suggestion. checking "FixHeaders" addressed the "MACH Reboot" issue!

The boot is stalling at a "giolockstate 3" error now. I tried checking "nv_disable = 1" with no success. Did you or anyone else encounter this issue as well?

Thanks!

Best,

Kane

EDIT: Issue resolved by checking the "disablegfxfirmware" box

Keep in mind both of those settings (Fixheaders, and kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware) are default in my guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Keep in mind both of those settings (Fixheaders, and kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware) are default in my guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

@RehabMan thank you very much! can you please tell me if these instructions are still valid for VoodooPS2Controller.kext:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

I was going through the instructions and could not find "AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext" or "ApplePS2Controller.kext" in S/L/E.

Many thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back