Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I'm on High Sierra, trying to get the DW1830 wireless card to work properly after sleep. The card still works but is very slow after putting the laptop to sleep. At first I thought it was due to the UsbConnection being set to 0x03 but I found it is already set to internal (0xFF) via an SSDT. I have the #a country code set with the kext patch and don't know what else to try. I'm getting an interesting SROMLoadFail core capture from the Brcm driver every time I start the computer/awake from sleep. I have included this dump in the attached zip.

I've tried switching SMBios from MacbookPro14,3 to 13,1 , 13,3 and 14,1 but I couldn't put the laptop to sleep unless on 14,3 or 13,3. The attached zip is for a boot with the brcm kexts in SLE (FirmwareRepo and RamPatch). I tried with the kexts in Clover but that made no difference.

Thanks for the help!

Did you disable "wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?

Hey guys,

I'm on High Sierra, trying to get the DW1830 wireless card to work properly after sleep. The card still works but is very slow after putting the laptop to sleep. At first I thought it was due to the UsbConnection being set to 0x03 but I found it is already set to internal (0xFF) via an SSDT. I have the #a country code set with the kext patch and don't know what else to try. I'm getting an interesting SROMLoadFail core capture from the Brcm driver every time I start the computer/awake from sleep. I have included this dump in the attached zip.

I've tried switching SMBios from MacbookPro14,3 to 13,1 , 13,3 and 14,1 but I couldn't put the laptop to sleep unless on 14,3 or 13,3. The attached zip is for a boot with the brcm kexts in SLE (FirmwareRepo and RamPatch). I tried with the kexts in Clover but that made no difference.

Thanks for the help!

Try without country code patch.
And whitelist patch is not needed for your WiFi hardware (so remove).
Also, try BCM94352Z.

Try without country code patch.
And whitelist patch is not needed for your WiFi hardware (so remove).
Also, try BCM94352Z.

Tried with removing country code patch and whitelist patch. Still didn't work. I've installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in clover already (assuming this is what you meant). It didn't work before this was installed either and I had previously tried with both patches disabled. My card has device id 14e4:43ba which is a card that FakePCIID kext attaches to. On linux the card is described as BCM43602.

Any ideas? Should I recompile the problem reporting zip with these patches disabled?

Tried with removing country code patch and whitelist patch. Still didn't work. I've installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in clover already (assuming this is what you meant). It didn't work before this was installed either and I had previously tried with both patches disabled. My card has device id 14e4:43ba which is a card that FakePCIID kext attaches to. On linux the card is described as BCM43602.

Any ideas? Should I recompile the problem reporting zip with these patches disabled?
kexts should be installed to either /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions

kexts should be installed to either /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions

Installed all kexts from clover to /S/L/E to no effect. Rebuilt caches with kextcache -i / and -u /. Also tried enabling country code patch afterwards to also no effect.

Installed all kexts from clover to /S/L/E to no effect. Rebuilt caches with kextcache -i / and -u /. Also tried enabling country code patch afterwards to also no effect.
when you make changes, you need to upload new problem reporting files

Sorry, here are the updated files.

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 88
Sorry, here are the updated files.

Country code patch is still present in your config.plist.
Also, read my post carefully... there is another suggestion you have not tried.

Country code patch is still present in your config.plist.
Also, read my post carefully... there is another suggestion you have not tried.

I tried both with and without the country code patch. Neither configuration had an effect. As for the BCM94352Z suggestion, I mentioned I was assuming you meant the broadcom FakePCIID kext which I already have installed. Am I wrong in assuming that?

I can regenerate problem reporting files without the CC patch if deemed necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back