Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the same as @sbeanie.

Here are the requested files. his should look somewhat similar if he followed this guide.

Attachments

• Problem Report Files.zip
    3 MB · Views: 97
Got the same as @sbeanie.

Here are the requested files. his should look somewhat similar if he followed this guide.

Problems:
- MacBookPro14,3 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1
- google chrome is hooking your USB ports (see laptop FAQ)
- don't forget to update Lilu and related plugins
- no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Why do you expect to boot the macOS installer without FakeSMC.kext?

Hey guys,

I managed to get High Sierra installed and booting with the attached Clover configuration. There are still a few things I need to fix but at least it boots. Currently audio doesn't work but I believe I know how to fix that. Brightness isn't working either, this might be to do with the FakeSMC version I used but I'm not 100% sure. I only tried this with a fresh install, not upgrading from Sierra.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 201
I managed to get audio + brightness to work by following the audio steps listed in the first post (steps are on page 9). Syscl's modified VoodooPS2Controller doesn't seem to work, will test further if I get more time.

I seem to have gotten everything working now. There is the odd Kernel Panic on boot but the following restart seems to always fix it which I find a bit odd. Sleep didn't work except on MacbookPro14,3 which I believe can be a problem for some. Syscl's VoodooPS2Controller does in fact work, I assumed a KP on boot was due to me changing to the modified kext but it seems it isn't.

I've attached my clover folder.

Note if this setup doesn't work, try the zip I posted a few posts back which should work for installation purposes.

WARNING: SMBIOS is changed.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 173
What about my Dell XPS 15 9560 model?

i5-7300HQ
Intel® HD Graphics 630
GTX 1050
Full HD
32GB SSD ü 1TB HDD

Hi everyone,
I've been struggling for a few days, but now I got really stuck, so I figured I'd ask.
I've put my setup details in my profile as instructed in the FAQ / guidelines, it's a 9560 with a Toshiba disk (512G).

My installation, via Clover, has mostly been following https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/master/Tutorial_10.12.md however that got stuck in various places some weeks ago; After that I worked some more with kexts and got it to get to the installer properly, however it does not detect the hard-drive.

I've tried the putting the "unsupported" AHCPI kexts as well as just the raw set from `DellXPS15-9550-OSX-master`, yet I'm unable to get the disk be detected. I'm attaching some images, in case that helps. Should I zip and attach my entire current clover directory?

One thing I'm not sure about is putting the kexts onto the usb drive. Once i have Clover, I can just add some other kexts into the Other or 10.12 using my mac, and put that usb drive into the XPS then and it would pick it up right? Or did I miss some step which would explain my not being able to figure out the disk thing? I was installing them via just mounting EFI and moving them to `/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Attachments

• Photo 2017-10-11 23 02 28.jpg
    Photo 2017-10-11 23 02 28.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 182
  • Photo 2017-10-11 23 02 52.jpg
    Photo 2017-10-11 23 02 52.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 195
  • Photo 2017-10-12 0 06 37.jpg
    Photo 2017-10-12 0 06 37.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 205
  • Photo 2017-10-12 0 05 19.jpg
    Photo 2017-10-12 0 05 19.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 116
Hi everyone,
I've been struggling for a few days, but now I got really stuck, so I figured I'd ask.
I've put my setup details in my profile as instructed in the FAQ / guidelines, it's a 9560 with a Toshiba disk (512G).

My installation, via Clover, has mostly been following https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/master/Tutorial_10.12.md however that got stuck in various places some weeks ago; After that I worked some more with kexts and got it to get to the installer properly, however it does not detect the hard-drive.

I've tried the putting the "unsupported" AHCPI kexts as well as just the raw set from `DellXPS15-9550-OSX-master`, yet I'm unable to get the disk be detected. I'm attaching some images, in case that helps. Should I zip and attach my entire current clover directory?

One thing I'm not sure about is putting the kexts onto the usb drive. Once i have Clover, I can just add some other kexts into the Other or 10.12 using my mac, and put that usb drive into the XPS then and it would pick it up right? Or did I miss some step which would explain my not being able to figure out the disk thing? I was installing them via just mounting EFI and moving them to `/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hey guys,

I'm on High Sierra, trying to get the DW1830 wireless card to work properly after sleep. The card still works but is very slow after putting the laptop to sleep. At first I thought it was due to the UsbConnection being set to 0x03 but I found it is already set to internal (0xFF) via an SSDT. I have the #a country code set with the kext patch and don't know what else to try. I'm getting an interesting SROMLoadFail core capture from the Brcm driver every time I start the computer/awake from sleep. I have included this dump in the attached zip.

I've tried switching SMBios from MacbookPro14,3 to 13,1 , 13,3 and 14,1 but I couldn't put the laptop to sleep unless on 14,3 or 13,3. The attached zip is for a boot with the brcm kexts in SLE (FirmwareRepo and RamPatch). I tried with the kexts in Clover but that made no difference.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back