Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ.

hi, I can't give you the efi file because don't have a recent backup(but running original files and audiofix done). The problem came out since I replaced Lilu 1.1.4 and AppleALC 1.1.4 by their latest versions (1.2.3 and 1.2.6). How can I invert that? For me the only way to modify is to mount the ssd in another machine and replace with 1.1.4 kexts to go fine again. What do you think of that?

hi, I can't give you the efi file because don't have a recent backup(but running original files and audiofix done). The problem came out since I replaced Lilu 1.1.4 and AppleALC 1.1.4 by their latest versions (1.2.3 and 1.2.6). How can I invert that? For me the only way to modify is to mount the ssd in another machine and replace with 1.1.4 kexts to go fine again. What do you think of that?

You will find old releases of Lilu and the plugins on their respective github "Releases" page.

You will find old releases of Lilu and the plugins on their respective github "Releases" page.
update : the SSD plugged in a netstor enclosure isn't detected by High Sierra in an real Mac. only detected in a Windows computer, hard to find the way to access to EFI part...

update : the SSD plugged in a netstor enclosure isn't detected by High Sierra in an real Mac. only detected in a Windows computer, hard to find the way to access to EFI part...

last update : I plugged the enclosure into my Windows XPS, and after mounting the EFI volume and openned it with Explorer++ for the permissions, I finally replace the good kexts and it booted perfectly.

now two questions : to update to Sierra 002 Security should I only update Clover in prefpanel ? or should I also change kexts ?
I never did a Security update before...

now two questions : to update to Sierra 002 Security should I only update Clover in prefpanel ? or should I also change kexts ?
I never did a Security update before...

It is best to update everything.

No idea what you mean by "Clover in prefpanel". Clover is updated by running the Clover installer.

It is best to update everything.

No idea what you mean by "Clover in prefpanel". Clover is updated by running the Clover installer.

i didn't notice that the Check Update option in System Preferences was redirecting to the last clover installer.
i just updated it. i'm not sure what I have to update in the kexts actually, and didn't found the informations in the last posts here. do you have a list ?

i didn't notice that the Check Update option in System Preferences was redirecting to the last clover installer.
i just updated it. i'm not sure what I have to update in the kexts actually, and didn't found the informations in the last posts here. do you have a list ?

You should know all the kexts you're using and where each one comes from.

You should know all the kexts you're using and where each one comes from.
actually I know almost that. but I don't know everything of the hackintosh, like you. I'm a bit lost when I have to choose wich kexts I need to udpate, and to wich version of them. and wich version of Clover should I use. because when I update clover to the last version I lose all the network stuff. these thing aren't that clear, and sometimes I can't find an answer in the previous posts.

actually I know almost that. but I don't know everything of the hackintosh, like you. I'm a bit lost when I have to choose wich kexts I need to udpate, and to wich version of them. and wich version of Clover should I use. because when I update clover to the last version I lose all the network stuff. these thing aren't that clear, and sometimes I can't find an answer in the previous posts.

Use the latest. Update and test prior to updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back